How often do you call/text your significant other?

IDK if this is just me, but I feel that calling your boyfriend/girlfriend everyday (to just talk, not including major news) is kind of annoying. Like I need my own space and routine bores me. ? =/

I prefer to see the person instead =)

• Everyday
  • More than once a day
  • 3-4 X a week
    Vote C
  • Once a week
    Vote D
wow! thanks for all the feed back guys =) I obviously do not fall into the majority (calling everyday) lol

Most Helpful Guy

• omg, you might just be my significant other :D

i really find it silly to call just to talk abt nothing, nit just gf/bf, even my parents or my friends,

whats the point of asking "how are u"? when you and me know the answer ! FINE. 99% of the time.

nice to find you finally :D

• Haha lol! yea I mean all your doing is wasting time right? :D

• Yea definitely ! time and energy as well because ull need to recharge ure cell sooner ;)

ppl shud go green don't you think ? lol

• Thank for that hun. :D

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 4

• i talk to her on the phone 5 or 6 days out of the week, but it isn't ever scheduled, it really is just random her calling me about this or that and we will talk for hours about random things. we text everyday that we don't see each other .

we have set up a date for one day at about 5pm, before. she called me to talk about her family and some of her friends that moved on to college and all the stress they were causing at about 8 that morning. we talked on the phone all the way until we met each other for the date. surprisingly, we still had a lot to talk about during the date.

it works for us because it isn't routine, we don't have to call each other everyday or a certain amount of times a week but we want to and we enjoy it everytime.

it is all just finding that balance between personal space and unity in the relatonship.

• I can admit I have been guilty of calling just to talk. Just one of those I missed her moments. But calling to make plans is usually what I do. Who doesn't prefer to see the person instead? :)

• Aw now that is cute. I love when my boyfriend calls me to say he missed me and wanted to hear my voice. You sound like a great boyfriend.

• my girlfriend is 4,000+ miles away so right now we talk,text,email anywhere from 5-9 times a day

• I am not that fond of phone conversations, and I think it depends on the couple and how long they have been dating. I think twice a week should be enough. People need more hobbies.

What Girls Said 12

• Hah I only chose once a week because that was the closest option; we never really call each other "just to talk".

We're almost always in contact through texts, but even that is mostly making plans and seeing what's going on with each of us. I much prefer to just be with him.

Maybe it's just the fact that I'm not much of a talker anyway, but I only call him if I need him immediately, like I can't wait 5 minutes to get a text response. Maybe "Plans changed and you need to go here!" or "Don't turn there!" :p

• Well,my boyfriend and I text or call each other when we have vacant time...our day doesn't seem to be complete without hearing anything from each other...it called exaggerated constant communication! ahahahah...!

it only seem to be annoying when we argue...that all...!

• I thought once a day was too much too. I enjoy it - I love the attention, it makes me feel like the person is really showing me they enjoy contacting me. But, if it were up to me, I'd probably contact once or twice a week.

• We hardly talk on the phone, I just find it awkward for some reason, so we text everyday instead. I would say, all day everyday gets abit too much, but a nice text randomly during the day is fine.

• all depends on the two people involved in the relationship.. some prefer a lot of contact and some dont.. it doesn't mean either relationship is any less strong... :)

• i don't even call my husband once a week. When we aren't together, I just wait till he gets home. Why call unless it's something important

• I think this is more geared toward people that aren't living with their 'other'

• Seeing them in person is definitely my preference... but my boyfriend and I text/ call multiple times a day. We are long distance(ish) though so that probably makes a difference.

• We see each other everyday so I only call him once a day only if I need to check if our planes for the day were still on.

• I call my boyfriend every morning when I wake up for school before I get ready and we text going to school; the bus ride home; and from like 8pm to 10:30 at night almost every day. We've been together for well over 2 and 1/2 years.

• I agree...but I see him everyday because we live together. so its a little different

• we communicate everyday.

• text everyday talk on the phone never- prob because he sleeps with me everynight and I wake up to him every morning...but he texts me everyday on his break and when he's on his way home