How young is too young to date ?

I am a 43 year old male and I wish the opinions of this forum. How young is too young ? Technically I know that if she is at least 18 then the choice should be ours. But I also know that maturity is an important factor.

Most Helpful Guy

• The usual rule-of-thumb for what's considered the youngest person you can date is this formula:

half your age, plus seven

For you, this formula means the youngest age range most people would consider "appropriate" for you is girls who are about 27 or 28.

This is a ballpark figure that might not apply to all relationships or situations, but I hope it helps answer your question.

What Girls Said 2

• Maturity IS the most important factor. An 18, 19 or even 20 year old girl is still quite fresh out of high school, and in most cases has a lot of life to still experience. I am a firm believer in age is just a number but you have to be sure that you are really interested in dating the person and not just the though of dating a younger woman. If you can have meaningful conversations with her, appreciate the same things, and really connect on a deep level, age should be irrelevant. Just be sure that it is a two way street and that the girl is also looking for that same connection and not just the idea of being with an older man.

• you are absolutely right, but. date someone in your age group. would be a better experience and you wouldn't have to put up with immaturity and stuff like that.

What Guys Said 4

• This question really STINKS!

Luke 17:2

2“It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea, than that he would cause one of these little ones to stumble.

link

Your Bible reading apatheist.

• There too young if you can't get them to go out with you. I'm 34 and most of my girlfriends have been under 20. Two of them were 24 and 31. The younger women seem to be more physical (no, not about sex) they will gang on you more and make you feel wanted more then an older girl will. I will stay with younger girls until they no longer will date me or I get married to one.

Go for it!

You only live once. Who gives a damn what others think

• Simple, even if you're in love, what will that gap cost you both. If the cost is more than life changing, then it probably shouldn't happen.

• don't do it buddy!