Am I forever damaged?

Not to long ago I just go out of a bad relationship... I gave the person I was with my virginity and after that he told everyone and then he told me he just wanted to be friends, after that he apologized and I accepted it like a dumba** he tricked me into giving him my gold ring my mom gave me and I pretty much did a lot for him I was there when no one else was and then I found out he was cheating on me and was living with the girl ...Every night I cry and wish I had never met him and wish I had my virginity and my ring and whenever I date someone I'm not happy and I don't ever think I will be happy and sometimes I get so depressed to the point I don't wanna leave my house... I was 16 at the time and he was 23...could I b damaged for ever? and if not how can I over come this?

i mean I know he's the biggest a** in the world I just feel so retarded for doing this to myself I hate him and I feel I don't trust guys anymore

Most Helpful Girl

• You will not be damaged forever unless you choose to be. If it has not been long since you were out of the relationship, you need to give yourself more time to grieve this. During the grieving you need to forgive yourself for mistaking this guy as worthy of your love. I have no doubt inside yourself you blame yourself for not recognizing him for the ass he is.

Part of the process of getting better can be responding to young girls on this site who ask if it is wise to be with an older guy. You were underage and this guy was an adult. He took advantage of your age and your trust. Help other girls learn from your lesson and you will be able to have the satisfaction that you will help someone avoid this and that something positive will have come from your situation.

• Don't mistrust all guys. But take time to heal and then see if you feel you have better judgment than to fall for someone like this. I am sure the answer is yes. As teenagers we simply are more trusting due to lack of life lessons that either we experience or we see close friends experience. In the future, take time to date someone for a while and if he treats you well for a long time and treats people around him well, you will know his character.

What Guys Said 3

• Seems like he took you for granted and tricked you alright. But in life what goes around...comes around. He will not ge away from this because sooner or later he will pay for this...thats just how life works in general. What you need to do is just think positive and learn from your mistakes and become better than ever. I know its easier said than done, but you will overcome this, because your better then that. The say time heals everything...and that's exactly what you need, you need time, and let it be as it goes on... You can overcome this by thinking positive and moving forward, you have a whole life ahead of you ms, and you should be surrounded by love ones that care about you like family and friends. He will get what he deserves...but for now concentrate on making yourself better than ever, because you are better then that keep telling yourself that no matter what. Nevertheless, take care there...and good luck with everything ms.

• No one is damaged forever; You can heal, and you will move forward.

Compassion from across the distance; Add me, we'll talk

• if he stole you ring you should call the police.

What Girls Said 2

• I also have given that special part of me away at a very young age. Younger then you truthfully. I was 15 and the guy was 19. I thought that I was in love with this boy. He called me his little girlfriend and his family loved me. One night I went home with him and spent the night with him and that's when it happened. A week later He broke up with me saying, "I', sorry this isn't working out for me I have a girlfriend he names Courtney and we have been together for 6 MONTHS! So yes I know what this has done to you. No your not damaged forever. One day you are going to fall in love with someone who will be just as much in love with you. One reason why I know this to be true would be because I have a boyfriend and we have been together for 41/2 months and we have been thinking about getting promise rings. We have already had sex so a purity ring would make no sense. You will find the right one eventually just give it time you'll see.

• Omg no you're not damaged. one monkey don't stop no show. you are not forever damaged because of 1 asshole. you become better. when you know better, you do better. you have learned valuable lessons, I'm sure and you're much wiser now. learn to trust yourself again, your not damaged goods