He can't commit to a relationship but feels guilty about it?

I've been seeing this guy for 3 mos now. Things are great but I can't seem to understand why he says he feels guilty of not having a solid commitment to me? Although I haven't asked for it because i also have to focus on my career and other things in life but i really really enjoy his company and happy about it. I know that he cares about and even said i've swept off his feet and said "i love you" but why does he say that?

32
Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 2

• I'm in a predicament like that. I go on dates with a girl and we flirt and what not but I personally can't commit due to starting an apprenticeship which is gonna require me to live away from home for 5 days a week. I feel guilty for not solidifying our relationship but there's also not much I can do as I don't want to have to put her through not seeing me for 5 days at a time

• Do you consider breaking up/cutting her off?

• I'm gonna have to eventually. I just want to hold onto it for as long as I can because this is the best feeling I've had in a long time. I genuinely have feelings for her, I just won't have the time to commit come August. She knows, however, and wants to keep it going til I decide to go back to being friends

• 7d

to be honest in my opinion this just sounds immature and self centered if you don't want to be with her why don't you just end it instead of making a fuss about it

• he won't commit to a relationship because he doesn't want anything to change but he feels guilty because he knows you deserve better

• But why he doesn't want to let me go? I tried to distance myself but he was a mess when i did that.

• 7d

that's fair

• 7d

thanks 😊

What Girls Said 3

• He doesn't want to be obligated and tied down in a relationship. But he wants the perks of what comes in a relationship. If this is something that you are looking for, then go for it. But i would not suggest getting into a relationship like this, because you will find yourself wanting me and the guy may not want that.

• He's playing with your emotions hence why you have ended up here asking the question. He can't commit because he doesn't want to it's a simple as that and you're going along with it kidding yourself that you don't want a relationship (why does a career stop you having a relationship with someone? There's a thing callled balance) because right now you're 'happy' with the way things are... Until he moves onto someone he does want to be in a committed relationship with and you wil be right back here asking us what went wrong because he said all these nice things to me. Move on and either focus solely on your career if that's what you really want or be with someone who can commit to you.

• he's playing with you and you let him