Suggesting drinks on the first date = hookup?

So this guy I'm going to be going for coffee with originally suggested we get together for beer pong or kings cup.

He is a bartender at Applebees who also waits tables, he was my waiter and I left him my number. I'm only 20 so I can't drink or anything.

When he asked what my plans were for the weekend I let him choose what we did. He first suggested 'its been a long week, how about beer pong or kings cup/" I told him I had an early morning the morning after and asked for coffee instead (that was what we had originally talked about when he texted me on Monday) and he said "i agree, that would probably be a better thing to do the first time we hang out."

So I don't know if he's testing me, or if he just showed his true colors, or what. I know I'm gonna be weary going into this though simply because he brought up drinking the first time we even hang out.

Most Helpful Girl

• I can understand why you're weary, but I recently went out on a first date on Monday, and we went out for drinks. He didn't try anything and wants to take me out again btw. I think it's just what appeals to guys most really. I mean, yeah he could have asked you out for dinner or whatever, but you don't know each other yet, so a good convo over some drinks to lighten the mood and help you feel more comfortable is probably harmless. He was probs just trying to come across as cool or whatever so I woudn't read into it too much. There's nothing wrong with having a coffee, but I do think guys generally associate this with a 'friends' thing. At the end of the day though, if he's respectful and wants to get toknow you then he won't mind doing what you want to do. Just make sure you let him do the persuing and that way you can be sure he is really interested :)

Let us know how it goes anyway :D

What Guys Said 2

• If he works at the bar he is used to talking to people while they drink, he is used to that atmosphere so more than likely he is more comfortable in that situation vs. a coffee shop. the main thing is to pick a place where you both are comfortable so you can be yourselves.

• If you're over the age of 12, believe me, you can drink...

• Not my question at all, I bet you didn't even read it, go back and actually read it

What Girls Said 1

• I would be weary, its one thing to go to a bar and drink, but to suggest beer pong or kings? Sounds like he wanted to get you real drunk