Do you think its okay for us to date?

I'm 24 and he's 19 do you think the age difference should matter? I really like him and he's by far the coolest and sensible guy I know..what do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• If's fine for you to date, but I think you'll get tired of his "maturity" before too long.

• What do you mean?

• Girls are already more mature than boys the same age. Add in the 5 year gap and you may find you want things in life that he doesn't, or at least that he's not worrying about for now.

• Our goals are actually pretty similar...I am older but I'm not in a rush to settle down soon but I would like to be in a relationship with him..He seems pretty set in what he wants to do in life...and is more laid back than most guys when it comes to socializing and stuff.

What Guys Said 2

• 5 years isn't that bad, your both of legal age, I don't see why not.

have fun you two. ;)

• I'm 19 and dating a 28 year old; Age only matters if you THINK it matters, there are no real boundaries, only the ones we create.

I think it's fine.

What Girls Said 2

• I don't think age matters, I think it's more about maturity level and your life goals/the stage you're at in life. For example, he might be more into partying and might not be interested in settling down as soon as you are, but that's really an individual thing.

• Yeah I mean I don't think he's looking for marriage right now, but then again neither am i...i would however like to be in a relationship with him.he is my ideal guy meaning he has goals, he has his head on his shoulders than most guys I've met, young or older, and he's not a crazy party guy but isn't against the occasional weekend clubbing...but overall has a plan of what he wants to do and he does see me as gf/marriage material..the only thing is the age difference...

• That was me last year. I was 19 and he was 24. Not a big deal if you guys are both on the same page about what you want in your life presently. Go for it. :)

• Yeah except in this case he's the younger one...everyone doesn't have a problem when its the girl whose younger but when the guys younger than the girl there seems to be this social stigma attached to it and you are often judged.

• Ohh yeah sorry I read that wrong. I still think it's fine, but like the others said his maturity level might be an issue. What are you both doing in your lives right now? Is he in college?

• Were both in college working on our own careers