Is it a guarantee that a boy will lose respect for you if you sleep with him the first night?

Question as above.

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the guy (especially his views on female sexuality and his maturity). Any guy who would lose respect for a girl for sleeping with him on the first night is complete idiot though. It takes two people to have sex, and it's ridiculous to have a double standard where it's okay for him, but not okay for you.

That being said, if you sleep with a guy on the first night, he may think you're just interested in sex and nothing more, or decide that he doesn't think there's a point in getting in to a relationship with you (if he isn't that interested in a relationship), because he can have sex with you either way.

• Yes, it takes two people but remember if I am taking you on a date, I'm interested and will not say no to sex on the first date.

This goes back to what you mentioned about what the impression of sex on the first date. Yes, if you sex me on the first date. I will wonder if I'm the only person you have done that with? And if all you are interested in is a physical thing. In that sense I would lose interest, not respect as long as she respects herself and did it because she wanted to not to impress me

• But if you're interested and will not say no to sex on the first date, why should it be any different for her?

She could just as easily wonder if she's the only person you've done that with or if you're just interested in a physical thing.. but if the two of you really like each other, both are interested in more than just a sexual relationship/one night stand, and decide to have sex, then why does it matter?

• It shouldn't matter

I hate double standards, no matter who benefits, me or her, don't care.

if there should be a lose of respect for having sex on the first date it should be on both people, we both willingly engaged in it.

What Guys Said 7

• It depends on the date. What did we do that was so great? If we had an amazing first date then, no. But the date has to be so amazing and fun that it's a story I will be telling my kids what the perfect first date was.

If I didn't do much on the first date and we didn't have a memorable first date then, I wouldn't lose respect but I would question how much respect I'd be giving you.

• I wouldn't but then that's just me.

• (even as a virgin)

No. I feel sex is important part of a relationship and shouldn't be held back for cultural reasons. if she wants to have sex on the first date, so be it.

I would lose respect though if she is absent there after.

• No. Some will, but it's not a guarantee.

• most likely, unless its been so long that you two are wanting to be together, but something was keeping you from it. then it might not even feel like the first night.

• I don't think you can say there are any guarantees as all boys are different, circumstances are different, there are so many possible factors... That said, there are many boys of whom this would be true.

• Every single person is differnet

What Girls Said 2

• If a man is a REAL man he won't lose any respect for you , but then that depends on how much respect he had for you to begin with. There is no guarantee here it could go either because as we all know every man is different.

• More than likely they will. They probably will think that you are just really easy.