Is this acceptable?

I'm 18...and dating a 29 year old.

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on both of you. He has more life experiences than you, and might be much closer to settling stage. On a legal level it's perfectly acceptable seeing as you're 18. However, this is where individual feelings come into play. Is he that special? I wouldn't think of dating any female older than 5 years, unless she had something that other women didn't have. On the other end of the spectrum, what is his reason for dating someone so young? The first thing that comes to mind is the fact that you're young physically. Now whether or not you complete him is questionable, though I find that highly unlikely.

It's legally acceptable, but has a high chance of being a bad relationship, seeing as each of you are at completely different stages in your life. You're entering college (Hopefully) and he has been out of college for 6-7 years (Hopefully). College is where you make memorable relationships and memories, while he's at the stage where settling down and building a family would be normal. I would say sit yourself down, and think whether or not it's a waste of time to go for something that has a high chance of failing, or just avoid that path and enjoy college live, hopefully finding someone that you can date... someone closer to your age, and in the same stage of life as yourself.

What Guys Said 4

• Not really, My room mate she's 22 and is dating a 35 year old guy. He's at the point of settling down, and so is she. So I think its fine.

• Is it acceptable to whom? To society? To your parents? The only approval you need is your own. That may not be the most common age pairing, but you're far from the first 18 year-old to fall for a man pushing 30:)

• Hell no unless your a fatty then get what you can baby

• To who, if you are OK with it great, your rents deal with it and anyone else who cares ...

What Girls Said 4

• i don't think so ... its really gross ha ha sorry but it is he is kinda a creeper for dating you but you know some people really like really older men like my aunt ... she married her high school principal : / ha ha so in my opinon its gross

• there nothing wrong with that? I'm 28 and I'm dating a 33 years old man? If you love him and he love you ?There's nothing wrong with dating him

• Seems sorta creepy to be honest.

• Yeah, it's just a 10 year age difference..