Let's say Ashley is in a relationship with Chris. Ashley meets Timothy, who asks her out on a date. She tells him that she has a boyfriend- but agrees to go out with him. The question isn't about Ashley or Chris - it's about Timothy.
1. Why would a guy want to go out with a girl knowing she's in a relationship?
2. When a guy like Timothy comes along, does he have any respect for Ashley?
3.When Timothy talks about dating Ashley with his friends, is she a) just a girl he's seeing or b) a two-timing slut?
Does it matter if Ashley and Chris are in a relationship but BOTH date other people (this works for some people)?
Most Helpful Girl
I guess I didn't really answer your first question about WHY a guy would want to go out with a girl who is in a relationship, so I thought I'd come back and answer that.
There's a number of reasons, really.
1. He sees it as an opportunity for no-strings sex. If you're not interested in NSA sex, then it may take a bit of 'weeding out' to find someone who is interested in the same thing you are.
2. He's interested in being friends-with-benefits with you. Maybe he isn't interested in a monogamous or otherwise serious relationship, or just hasn't found someone he's interested in that kind of relationship with yet. A friend-with-benefits can be appealing if you feel that way because you enjoy your friendship with that person, but you also have the benefit of having regular or semi-regular sex with someone who you like, trust, and feel comfortable with.
3. He's polyamorous or otherwise open to alternative kinds of relationships. In this case, he might simply not mind that you're in a relationship with someone else, and be open to dating, having sex with, or even being in a romantic relationship with you (if your relationship allows for this).0