What do one word replies mean?

What does it mean when a girls replies to your text messages with only one word?

Most Helpful Girl

• i use one word replies when I'm either busy or I'm mad about something. or ill start to do it once I'm loosing interest in the guy. can you give me more information? isn't it the same for guys? what do one word replies mean when a guy does them?

• Some times it means he is busy and sometimes it means he is mad at you

What Girls Said 6

• What does it mean when a guy does it...?

• preoccupied, busy, upset, or not interested

• depends on the conversation and what the word is. because it could be something very deep and big in meaning... but if she replies only with yes or no or just plain one word that doesn't really mean anything, then ur wasting ur time. :)

• busy or not interested

• wen I send one work replies I'm more than likely eating or doing something or I'm mad at the person

• shes either p*ssed at you or just doesn't know what to say tell me the conversation and I can help more

• Well this is the whole thing... she asked me if I liked her I didn't respond because I was too nervous then I told her a week and a half later and she wouldn't tell me if she felt the same way. I kept pushing for and answer then she said I should move on and don't talk ,text or contact her in any other way. so I didn't a week later she said she was sorry ad wanted to remain friends long story short she text or calls me every now and then and when I text she always give me short text. ???

What Guys Said 5

• I'd concur that it depends on what the topic is and what the word is. If you're asking "Did you have fun?" and she answers "horseradish", well, that might be a little odd and maybe cause for concern. "Yes" or "no" are viable answers. If you want more elaborate answers, ask open ended questions.

• Like what?

• Open ended questions are ones that you can't really answer with a "yes" or "no." For example, ask:

"Tell me about your day today." (Yes, I know this is a statement) :P

"What do you feel like doing today?"

"What have you been studying in school?"

"What are you thinking?"

"Tell me about your opinion the feasibility of using an Einstein-Rosenbridge for possible FTL travel." ;P

Things like that. If she still gives on word answers and doesn't seem like she isn't trying, try calling versus text.

• Typically that she feels obligated to reply to you but doesn't really want to have a conversation.

• That what I was thinking. she might be replying back so she won't seem mean

• Either she's distracted, tired, not interested in texting or not interested in you...

• Don't dig into this

• Nothing.