Dating older people?

what the f**k is so wrong with dating someone older than you. why would/do other people even care, its not their business in the first place. if the people involved are OK with it, why the hell should an age gap matter!?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's Society trying to enforce a stigma. As long as the younger of the two is a man or a woman - by that I mean is mature enough to deal with the relationship , not a girl or boy - then you're right when you say it's nobody else's business.

I admit I don't think a 30 year-old dating an 18 year-old is a good idea because the 18 year-old is little more than an adolescent and doesn't have the experience or maturity to deal with a full-blown relationship yet. The younger will be susceptible to controlling behaviour by the elder.

However, putting limits on an age gap (like the old chestnut half the age + 7) is ludicrous. We are all individuals and cannot be tied down to a formula.

Some people would be horrified at my relationship - on two counts actually. I am 24 years older than my girlfriend (we have lived together for two and a half years) and she is black (whilst I am white). However she is nearly 29 and a woman - not a girl - with the maturity that age brings.

Unless there is a danger of paedophilia, or the younger of the pair is simply not mature enough to deal with a serious relationship, then Society should leave them be

What Guys Said 2

• usually its not. its more viewed as bad because there are a lot of not so good people out there. honestly I'm fine with people dating older/younger people. but there is definately a line. a few years gap is fine. however we had an incident at my high school where a sophmore/junior girl left school and was caught having sex with a neighbor in his 30's. in that case its just wrong, and its cases like that which give the age gap a bad name

• I honestly think relationships with age gaps are a lot smoother and more enjoyable(apart from what people think about it). It really just depends on the person and that's y people shouldnt bother in others personel life.

What Girls Said 0