What's wrong with me?

I'm gonna be a junior next year and I still haven't had a boyfriend or even been asked out by a guy. I see butt-ugly girls, dimwits, and just plain bitchy girls with boyfriends all the time, why not me?

okay, so maybe that was a little harsh about the other girls, but I was just trying to give reasoning as to why I think there's something wrong with me if that makes sense :/

Most Helpful Guy

• Absolutely nothing wrong with you...

The problem in high school is that you don't get noticed unless you stand out. Try to do things to differentiate yourself from the other girls. Don't always follow the crowd, and in particular, make sure you're not buried behind a clique of other girls because that makes it harder for guys to come up and approach you.

The most likely reason you haven't been approached is because guys don't know you that well.

Also, it helps if you figure out what guys you're interested in and throw them a few signals. I'm pretty sure that's how all the other girls you know got their boyfriends.

More often than not, girls do actually make the first move even if it's a very subtle move. This is particularly true in high school, where guys are immature, insecure and don't know what they're doing (of course girls are just as bad). A shy guy is unlikely to make a move on any girl unless he thinks she's already interested in him. Even then, if he's really shy, it's going to take quite a bit of courage...

In fact, I'm pretty sure that the only kind of guy that age who will go up to a girl in a completely unsolicited way is a guy who thinks he's a player. The exception might be if it's something like prom, where it doesn't feel as weird to ask a random girl out.

That doesn't mean that there aren't guys who already have some kind of crush on you, but they're waiting for you to notice them...and so your job is to figure out who those guys are, and well notice them.

• Thanks for the answer :) another problem is that there aren't any guys at my school..

• Oh...well then it's very obvious ;) -- you either have to hunt for guys when you're at an all-girl's school, or you have to wait until you get out.

What Guys Said 9

• The question is do you try? If you're waiting for "him" to magically appear, it is unlikely to happen. You have to work at it -- be at places where you can meet guys, flirt a little, smile at them, etc.

From your picture, you look pretty. Being pretty comes with benefits, misperceptions and even curses.The benefeit is getting noticed. The misperception is that being pretty is all you need. the curse is that it can intimidate guys.

you have to let them know you're available and approachable.

• yea, you're gorgeous from what I can see, that can be a little intimidating for most guys, (not a bad thing, just natures way of sorting out all the dogs ;) lol...all in good time sweet heart your only a junior you still have a longgggg way to go, including college (which is gonna rock trust me, much better then high school, so go to college)

• Do you really think there's something wrong with you? By your profile pic, I don't see anything wrong.

Maybe you just need to reconsider your current state of affairs. I mean, consider: I'm 21, and have never even kissed a girl, never mind having a girlfriend. And you think there's something wrong with YOU?

• Possibly because you're just waiting for someone to come to you. Asking someone out is the hardest thing for a high schooler to do socially, so if you're not willing to do it yourself, pick some people you're interested in and try to make it clear.

• Maybe it's your attitude toward other girls. Just a thought.

• will you go out with me?

now that you got the first one out of the way you can be a little more outgoing and hopefully hear that for real soon.

be confident when you talk with a guy, you are truly beautiful. but do you think that those "butt ugly, dimmwiths, and bitchy girls" have something that you dont? I'm guessing little confidence, and a different attitude. comparing yourself to others only brings out the concidness in your personality. don't focus on getting a boyfiriend but instead, try to just have fun and flirt and see where things go from there.

do you have too high of standards? maybe guys are afraid to ask you out because they think you are out of their league. if you even find a guy a little cute, flirt with him a little if he flirts with you. don't flirt with everyone because that could send the message that you are a tease. but be a little more outgoing and flirty.

im taking a shot in the dark here, but you seem like you have a great personality, but may be a little soft spoken and shy? that's what I got off you profile picture. maybe I'm wrong but you do seem like you are shy based on first look without you saying a word. be more outgoing than you are now and that may help

finally, feeling bad for yourself won't help anything. you will go around with a bad mindset and that can make your life a lot less fun. I think a quote that I found for sports might be able to help your situation too

light the candle instead of cursing the darkness...

i'll leave you with that

hope this helps

• There is nothing wrong with you or anyone for that matter. just keep trucking and it will happen for you

• maybe because of that attitude of ures :calling people ugly, etc " ?

and yea ure kinda cute l wouldve asked you out, I knew you !

• If I knew you *

• weve talked about this before..ur s a little shy. I remember..just be confident..ull be ok..smile and get a guy to give you eye contact..if he's confident enough he'll be approaching you in no time :)

take it from there..just be yourself

• That's odd. Because based on your picture you're pretty cute. I don't know why guys wouldn't ask you out.

What Girls Said 2

• I totally felt the same way when I was your age. I am now 21, and when I go home and hanging out with my guy friends they have admitted that they had crushes on me in high school but were too afraid to do anything about it. Even the one guy who was star of the football team, homecoming king, etc. I had a crush on him for YEARS and thought that there was something wrong with me that he didn't like me. Lone behold one night after a few beers he admitted to having a crush on me.

So seriously don't stress too much about it (which is easier said than done). Just let things happen on their own. I still haven't had a serious boyfriend, but this time without one has helped me discover who I am and what I want out of life. Just be happy, have fun, and eventually you'll find someone who was worth the wait =)

• Awww!

You're so cute! Don't worry about it! :)

Maybe you haven't liked someone enough to be that close, if you really really wanted one I KNOW you could get one in a second!

For it to be real, it can't be rushed baby!