Does age matter?

So I was dating this guy and fell in love with him. I 17 when we started dating and he was 16. the age never mattered to us, but once I turned 18 my parents started making it a big deal. His mom was cool with it but my parents forced me to break up with him until he was 18. Now I have to wait like a year...what if he falls for someone else?

Most Helpful Guy

• Then that sucks for you. But your 18 so you don't need to listen to your parents your an adult make your own choices.

What Guys Said 1

• ages never matter!...

What Girls Said 3

• If you're 18 you shouldn't have to break up with him just because your parents say so. But realize they are just trying to keep you from getting busted for rape on a minor. If you have to worry about if he will fall for someone else or not then you're relationship already isn't the greatest. Even if you two "break up" on your parents terms, that doesn't mean you two can't still hang out and act exactly the same as if you were dating. They can't expect you to not be his "friend" just because he is younger right? There are a million ways around this situation. As long as his mom doesn't care about your age, you shouldn't have a problem.

• i think its a little ridiculous they made you do that! you guys are only what a year apart? why should it matter the age? love is love. it be different if he was 17 and you were like 25. but still lol. mabey you guys should still"date" just not make a commitment and explain that to your parents. as long as you keep in contact with him and not avoid him completley you should be okk and I'm pretty sure he won meet someone else. hope I helped(:

• thats horrible. my boyfriend is 17 and I'm 18, and we're perfect for eachother. my parents rly approve though. fight for ur love:)