Hanging out vs dating?

So basically there's a girl I've been into for a long time but I've kept it on the down low for a while. The other day I texted her that we should hang out in the summer and she responded really enthusiastically that we should do it and for me to call her whenever I want to hang. I want to turn it into a date, and I think she's interested in me, but I'm worried she will think of it as just a "friends thing" Do you think if its a one on one hangout its pretty obvious?

Most Helpful Guy

• I said the same thing to a girl I was into. She said, yeah she would like to hang out. Then a little bit later she texted me and said, "Not dating, as friends right because I'm not looking to date right now" I said yeah. But even still, we never did hang out because she felt it would be too date like. She has her reasons for not dating because she's been single for a long time. I made it clear we could hang out as friends multiple times, but maybe she also liked me a little and felt "hanging out" and "going on a date" would end up turning into the same thing because it was one on one. Sometimes girls are weird.

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah just ask her so you t0o0 can be clear on what you want to do if you want to date her then let her know so there is no confusion

• Every once in a while you will get the girl that will tell you right off the bat if she doesn't want it to be a date. If she isn't one of those girls then she may also be interested in it turning into a date. Just talk to her about what you all are gonna do during the hangout session and that will more than likely give her the idea of whether the hangout session will be like a date or simply hanging out.

What Guys Said 1

• I think you've reinforced that it's a friend thing if you said "hang out"