Is it ever OK to ask a girl you're dating how many boyfriends they've had in the past?

I'm just curious if this question is ever OK lol

0|0
5|2

Most Helpful Girl

• As long as you don't use the information against her, I don't see a problem with it. But a few men can't handle the truth and it tends to sour the relationship.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• It's always okay to ask someone your dating about their past relationships.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's okay to ask, but not okay to demand an answer. They have a right to their privacy too. Don't feel bad for asking, but don't get mad if you don't get a brutally honest answer.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as you're not rude about it or hold it against her. And like Simple-Simonette said; sometimes guys can't handle things like that (girls too lol). So if you don't think you can handle the truth, don't ask for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure.

Open and honest communication is one of the keys to a great relationship.

The guy I'm dating now, we've discussed past partners, number of partners, number of sexual partners (for him), etc. It's all on a need to know basis, and not in detail. Just helps us understand each others' pasts.

Good luck.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• Boyfriends yes as long as its casual conversation, if its during a conversation about the current relationship that is likely a dangerous path because it'll probably lead to details of previous relationships which she might not want to talk about. Sexual partners isn't likely a good topic of conversation ever unless that is the kind of relationship that a guy and a girl has, you know one with multiple partners on either side.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only if you can handle knowing the truth. It would be silly to get jealous or mad at his/her past. If you don't think you can, then it's best never knowing.

0|0
    0|0