Why doesn't he text?

I've been seeing this guy for a few months now; it's long distance (he lives 2 hours away) and we usually see each other every other weekend. Our main way of communicating has been texting, and I'm fine with it cause we're both pretty busy and texting just works. But lately he almost never texts me back. And it's not like I'm texting him all day long asking stupid things like 'whats up'. For instance, I'll ask him about his plans for the week so I can figure out my work schedule around us going out and he won't respond at all. And I try not to send him more than one or two texts if he hasn't responded to one of mine, but it bothers me a lot because it's our only way of communicating and I feel like it's not that hard to send me a text back, especially when it's an important question.

I would think that he was losing interest in me, but when we're together, he's a great boyfriend and attentive and everything. And sometimes he does send me an adorable message a few days after he's "ignored" mine, but he still won't answer the question.

I get that he also might be busy, but I'll see him on FB doing pointless things and if he's on there, shouldn't he be able to text me back a reply?

I'm a little afraid of bringing this up with him over texting, due to the fact that he could just ignore it completely and it is something that really bothers me. But I also don't him to think I'm being needy and have it come across that I want him to text me all day long. I don't want that at all, all I'm asking for is a text back when I do ask him an important question (like about scheduling)

What do you think is going on with him ignoring my texts completely? and how should I bring this up with him so I don't come across as "needy"?

Most Helpful Guy

• This happened to me with a girl. She said she was busy or whatever and couldn't respond to texts...yeah right. She also did pointless things online and clearly had time to text back but for whatever reason she just didn't care. Then when I asked her out, sure enough she texts back...so whatever her problem was, it wasn't cause she was busy. It could be a matter of interest, but it's more likely an issue of another girl/doesn't want to get too serious/he wants to focus on other things right now. Whatever the reason, it's messed up and you should talk to him about it. Don't feel like it's needy, it's understandable, you deserve an answer.

What Guys Said 2

• Personally, I ABHOR communicating through text. When I get a text message I see it as a message that is of so low importance that it doesn't even warrant a phone call. Most likely the entire issue is caused by the fact that the two of you see text messages as completely different things.

• Well I know he doesn't despise texting because early on we would text a lot. He would text me first and by now I definitely would know if he didn't like texts. And like I said he'll send me random cute messages, so I know he doesn't HATE texting....he does it too

• Because you touch yourself at night...

What Girls Said 2

• If it really bothers you, the best thing to do would either be call him to discuss it or do so the next time the two of you are together. I had a similar problem with my ex and by the end of the relationship he was asking me to move in with him yet ignoring me for days at the time.

• Argghh, I kno exactly how you feel! Same situation here, I'm waiting it out to see how long it takes for him to take the initiative and text me first.. It sucks waiting tho :( But ya.. I'm not sure, I wish I had a better answer for u...