Does age really matter?

I am a 25 year old female dating a 19 year old. We are not the perfect couple, but we do love each other. His mother have a problem with our age difference and says he needs to date someone closer to his age. She have no other reason we should not be together other than this and it is beginning to ruin our relationship. Please help!

Most Helpful Guy

• I suppose that's proof enough that the 19 year old boy is not yet a man.if he was, he could easily tell the mom to bugger off. Anyway, age would play a part in relationships like yours where is not the age that is the factor, but the maturity of the person. For example, you could be 40 and he could be 34, but by then, there would be no mom to be bothering as he would be considered a grown up man by then; of you could be 19 and he could be 13, and well, as you know, a 13 year old and a 19 year old see the world differently. Anyway, I'm of the opinion that age matters only when the two people are not mature enough for each other. And my bet is that in your case, the 19 year old has yet to do a lot of catching up. And as much as he wants to say that he is all mature, believe me---my world was totally diffrent when I was 25 and 19. Just think of yourself----are you the same person when you were 19, or have your experiences made you a bit wiser? Good luck.

What Guys Said 2

• Reason #1: He doesn't have enough experience to make an informed choice. People who are under 25 generally don't have enough interpersonal experience to make good choices about long term partners.

Reason #2: If his mom doesn't like you, she doesn't need a reason why you shouldn't date her son.

• age doesn't matter. love matters. if you love him and he loves you whats wrong with that relationship? I think its fine that your with him and you should fight to stay with him if you love him enough.

What Girls Said 2

• well I don't know how you can be with a younger guy cause guys are really imature. I can't even be with someone a year younger or my own age the guy HAS to be ATLEAST a year older then me! but anyways if you guys love each other then nothing else matters. it's not like you guys are teens and it would be illegal. you're both adults now you can make your own choices and you know what you want don't let anybody ruin your relationship with him! but just keep in mind that he's still young and us women mature waayy faster then guys do. but if you really think he's worth fighting for then FIGHT all you need to keep your man (as long as you're not the ONLY 1 fighting to make it work!) good luck!

HOPE THAT HELPS! :)

• age does not matter!

when you are in highschool it does. like me, I have a 17 and a half year old boyfriend. and I am only 14.

everyone finds it gross.

but we love each other and always will :)