Is it really possible for a teen guy to date a girl and be faithful?

i am 16 and am afraid to date someone even if I could like them as more then a friend- for some reason and I can chose how much I love someone...- because I have never heard of a guy who was faithful with a girl who was waiting till marriage. also, what kind of 16 guy in his right mind would date a girl who was waiting till marriage? like I get y girls wait, but y would a guy?

then again I don't know many guys, so what do you think? is it possible for a teenage guy to like a girl enough to wait like...4-5 years to have sex with her and be faithful about it? am I being silly just wasting away my teenage years by not dating?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not all teenage guys are crazed about having sex. Some guys (myeslf included) also want to wait until marriage for sex. I want to be faithful to my girlfriend and I don't really want to have sex till marriage anyway.

• I have never heard a guy say he wants to wait til marriage! wow you guys really DO exist... ?

What Guys Said 3

• well it's totally possible for you to find your own age guys like that and most girls even seek older guys ^^ its totally normal for girl to date a guy 3-5 years older then her

but your hardly wasting your teenage... your not really suppose to find relationships like that yet ^^

but... I have seen quite many relationships at your age whitch last quite long

• My current girlfriend wants to wait until marriage, and I'm 16. I have absolutely no intentions of ever being unfaithful to her, even if it means no sex. I think you should go out there and start dating, cause there are plenty of guys who are like me, who like a girl for who she is and not what they want to do to her.

• Wow thanks so much for commenting. it really means a lot hearing that from a guy. I always hear girls saying how they don't care what a guy looks like but looks (and sex) for guys seem to be a really important thing. so thank you.

• Your welcome, glad I could help :)

• In the world there are honest people, I liked one of the seven years it has done me a sad situation, but there are people like that..

What Girls Said 1

• i'm 19, and I've been with my boyfriend since we were 16. I remembered having the urge to have sex ALLLLL the time, especially at prom. it's hard to resist, but he's never cheated on me, and we haven't had sex yet. there are great guys out there that will wait if they love you. like mine :)

we've had oral a couple of times but he never wanted to, it was always my idea :P

i think you should start dating, because there are plenty of great guys who would be willing to wait if they found an amazing person to be with.