Would you actually date someone you met online?

met online? I mean, suppose the circumstances were unique in a sense that, the chemistry between you two was undoubtedly there along with trust and the possibility of you two visiting each other, would you guys do it? or does everyone on here sign on with the mentality that internet people are just that...internet people?

Most Helpful Girl

• Im currently having a similar dilema. Do I continue seeing a guy I met online.

I think if you meet up with them and take the relationship off line and it works then why not. Why stop something good just because of the circumstances in which it started.

However, there are always safety concerns when meeting someone you meet online. Check out as much about them as you can before you meet up, look at their face book page or something to check they are who they say they are and always tell a friend who and where you are meeting! These are just simple things when meeting someone for the first time, because no matter how long you have been talking to them online they are essentially still a stranger until you have met them at least a few times.

• So its more of a safety concern? because I feel like most girls are automatically defensive towards any guy on the internet?

• No not automatically so. If we are emailing and I am finding the conversation interesting I would give meeting up a go. But I would always be very very safety aware!

What Girls Said 3

• I will be completely honest when I say this, I met my boyfriend (of almost 4 years) online and we have a long distance relationship (he's in Illinois and I am in Washington). I have no issues with meet people in my area, but I have a hard time staying interested. Although he and I have had some real big obstacles the last 4 years we're still together going strong. I don't think meeting people off the Internet is such a big deal. I think it all depends on you as a person. Supposedly it's the most common way people meet nowadays. I never came online looking for anyone when I met him and the first time I talked to him I was drunk out of my mind, but since then... Things just happened. Anything is possible if you allow your mind to be open, you never know if its the person you're meant to be with or a person you're meant to learn from to help you grow and evolve.

• I would date someone I met online if they lived close to me and we could meet and have a good relationship offline. I would only do it though if I could trust them and I knew that they wern't a stalker or something. I would have to meet them first ofcourse. And if we got along well and had good chemistry then there would be no reason why we couldn't.

• yes. I actually met my boyfriend online. We got to know each other then decided to meet up and turn it into something more. We are both really happy.

• How long have you guys been together?

• We have only been together 3 months so far

What Guys Said 2

• If we both lived in the same city, yes. Otherwise no.

• I would date someone I met online. I don't see anything wrong with it.