Am I doomed to ba alone forever?

I'm 19 and never dated or had a bf. I am a pretty girl and I am smart. I'm fun to be around and energetic. However, I am shy and never come up to guys. They never do either they just stare at me like I am a painting! Will I always be alone? I see all of my friends dating and I just never seem to find the right person. Please HELP!

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm 22 and never had a girlfriend, always been single, but I feel that us guys have it tougher, well mainly initially, because I feel that if a girl really wants a boyfriend badly, she could get one since us guys are generally the ones to pursue and initiate, ask you out, eventhough a majority of the guys that do make the moves on you or have had made the moves were not your type, since there are a lot of guys that will make the first move and ask you out the traditional way, a girl has more potential to get a boyfriend than a guy has to get a girlfriend. Shyness or Society Anxiety hurts guys a way lot more than it does girls.

• Awwwwwwwwwww you're right its just some guys consider girls who do ask them out to be "aggressive" and they don't like it. You know everything is so individual based that you just never know! Hope you find someone special =)))

• Well personally I love aggressive girls, I love it when a girl makes the first move, it is a huge confidence booster, and obviously girls love confidence, I hope that does not make me less of a "man", or emasculating, I will still fight, stand up, and protect my girl no matter who initiated, I promised that

• It most certainly does not make you less of a man believe me. Cheating and beating for example does haha but that's EXTREME examples. Well hey good to knoe that some guys are okay with that. =))))

What Guys Said 3

• your not doomed to alone forever, everyone gets nervous when it comes to these types of things, cause we all fear to get hurt, just make the effort and someone good guy will come, I got my first girlfriend when I was 15 then we broke up 3 months later then I didn't get another girl friend until I was almost 20, because I was to afraid of getting hurt, just relax, have fun and be yourself, there is someone out there for everyone we just have to try

• no I know a really pretty girl who sits behind me in my math class who hasn't had a boyfriend.

you just need to find something you can really be yourself in and then when someone sees you for who you really are they can act on it

i think shy girls are cute anyway

• i never been/kissed/hugged a girl till I was 20. don't worry. now I got a beautiful girlfriend just amazing in crazy sexy ways, I'm more of a changed man for sure, my image and personality I'm more out there...

just takes time, but you gotta make an effort to TRY and be more out there or at least show that you are available.

• You're soooo right about trying to show myself avaliable. I can fall of a treadmill or trip over a flight of stairs hahaha (did think of that in the past lol) For real though thanks =)))

• Yeah no problem. lol you only live once!

dont act like too open/easy but just stay the way you are but don't act like you don't want to be with a guy you like.

be receptive and nice :P

What Girls Said 1

• I've asked myself the same question somedays. I'm 24 and have never been on a real date, I have been on two double dates that didn't really go well but that's it. I'm also shy and find it hard to approach guys so I know exactly how you feel. All I can tell you is what my friends tell me all the time, you'll meet someone when you least expect it. Just be you, be happy with yourself and find something you love to do in life, then you will meet the right person for you.