Have you ever dated someone you didn't actually like?

I have twice and felt bad afterwards 😅 The first time I was kinda pressured into dating the guy, the second time I only went out with him because I felt bad saying no

• Yes
  • No
Select a gender to cast your vote:

1814

What Guys Said 14

• I have been asked out three times by girls I was not interested in in that way. I said no each time and it it's always awkward and it sucks but i knew it would hurt them more in the end if I said yes without meaning it.

• Twice in middle school and once as a freshman in highschool. Same deal, pressured into it by friends. Never a good idea for people to do, the pressuring that is. Tried to change my mind but... nah couldn't get that to work.

• Yeah, when I was 16. I dated/was in a relationship with someone I didn't like more than platonically.
    We were just friends and then she lost her dad, like any friend, I was there for her, next thing, she told me how she felt about me, asked me out, etc.
    We were "together" for almost 6 months.

Never ever doing that again.

• I dated a girl I didn't find attractive... lasted for three weeks till I couldn't go longer. She was a very nice girl and thought her personality would do... nope.

• No if it's an official date I have to be attracted to her if not it's just a friendship type of deal

• Hell no, I have respect for ppl's time more than that.

• No. Why on earth would I waste part of my short 80-year or so existence on someone I don't even like? That's just idiotic.

• Nope never dated anyone till date and no plans.

• I had this gal that hated me and she still wanted to have sex. We avoided each other but we somehow still would go back to sex over a period of about 8 months. Crazy

• yeah

• No, that's just dumb.

• I would like to do it , I have not done yet though

• Yes. The pussy was good at the time but everything else was horrible.

• Yes I did.. i dumped her.

What Girls Said 18

• No. that seems messed up to me. Giving false hope to someone is really cruel.

• Yup. One time it was when my friends kept pressuring me to date another one of our friends because they thought we would do be 'so cute together'. It didn't last that long though (a few weeks. And we did like nothing). Another time I met a guy online and he was CONSIDERABLY less attractive in person (he was about a 6 in his photo and a 3 in person) and we didn't really 'click' but he was really nice and we had quite a bit in common so I decided to give him a chance and see if feelings would evolve. They didn't. He just ended up being really annoying.

• I've done my fair share of pity dating lmfao

• Yes.

• Yup. Broke up with him after 2 months. #noragrets

• I met this one guy and started a relationship because I felt we had a connection and enjoyed being around each other. Come to find out he was only with me because he felt bad for me.

• I'd never date someone I don't actually like.

• I went on one date with him, then admitted at the end that I didn't like him the same way.

• Why would I date someone I didn't like?

• Many times

• Never.

• No... just can't bring myself to do that.

• I've never dated anyone

• We weren't in a relationship.. just went on a couple dates. I told him I wasn't interested in him and only saw him as a friend but he STILL kept asking me out on dates. I told him what's the point and he said well friends can hangout no? I gave him so many chances so that maybe my feelings could grow for him but I was never attracted to him physically, sexually, etc. It did not last and we never did anything sexual at all because I wasn't into him. I made a vow to never do that again.

• Yes but not for long

• Nope.

• no i always had something that i liked about them

• Yes i did coz i feel bad for saying no.