Can a woman not be ready to date, but still like you anyway?

Is this possible? Like if she was recently hurt and had a bad relationship experience? I'm getting pretty strong signs that this woman likes me, but she isn't ready to even go on one date because she got burned recently...I think it really damaged her because her and her baby were abandoned by the father.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hello,

I say no.. the reason for this is simple.. if a women is scared of getting into a new relationship its becouse she's still hung up over her ex.. which means she's still interested in her ex, so if she's still interested in her ex there's no way she can be ready for you..

My advice is to find someone else.. if she ask why tell her that if one day she's ready then she needs to contact you but your not going to wait around until then as its not fair.. if she does have interest in you and she's flexable then she will contact you for a date saying she's ready within the week.. if not then she was never worth it

Good Luck

-Chris

• One thing I know is that she is definitely not still hung up over her ex. She talked to me about him a little bit and she said that she would never take him back. Everything she ever said about him has been negative because of what he put her and her baby through by not being in the picture. Besides, if she's dumb enough to still have feelings for this guy, I don't want her anyway.

• Thanks, good advice. I'm not putting any pressure on her because I respect her enough to give her space. We're just friends. It's just that she does things to try to attract me, like flirting with me and trying to get my attention, yet she once said she isn't ready to date. I just found that combo a little strange so wanted some insight. Thanks again!

• Hello,

The answer to why she's actibg like this is simple.. she's using you to boost her self esteam.. she's not interested in anything with you but she's happy to use you to make her feel better..

Every time she flirts with you ask her out on a date.. :).. soone or later she will stop flirting with you and move onto someone else.. but don't kid yourself.. waiting for her will only cause you pain when she meets another guy..

Move on

Good Luck

-Chris

What Girls Said 2

• Recently I just had a sh*tty experience with a guy that has left me with little confidence in myself. I like a different guy, who likes me, but to be honest I still have more feelings for the other guy still. To me it wouldn't be fair to go out with someone until I sort my feelings out. this may be what this girl is going through. just because you got hurt,m and maybe even hurt really bad, doesn't always mean that you'll stop loving the person. all I have to say is if you really like this girl, don't give up on her. be supportive and stick by her. chances are that if she does like she'll want to keep you near her even if she isn't completely ready for a relationship with you.

• From what it sounds like it's definitely possible that she's wary of entering a new relationship. Given time I think she'll warm up to the idea as long as she knows she won't get screwed over again. Having a kid in the picture really makes her have to figure out her priorities. I wish you the best of luck in this and I hope this helps. :]

• Yes, very helpful. Thanks!

What Guys Said 1

• Absolutely dude. I just finished with my ex and the thought of dating again horrifies me. Not because I don't want to be with anyone nice, but no one wants to mess things up and you need a clear head to give something a chance. The cathartic experience of a break-up makes you evaluate your life and behaviour and maybe she things she made some errors in the last relationship she doesn't want to repeat. It sounds like she is still licking her wounds and you need to give them a little time to heal. Hang in there dude, everything comes to he who waits!

• Thanks man! Makes sense to me!