Why does everyone text?

It's one of the most impersonal ways to try to communicate, and all the time everyone's asking, or saying.

they didn't answer my text message what should I do?

why do people avoid contact like the plague.

Don't they realize that actually getting a call from someone even if they are forced to have it go to voice mail cause they are flipping burgers or something, can mean so much more to someone than a shotty text asking them out?

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally prefer texting. I'm not sure why exactly but I think it's because phone calls are way to personal. Yeah I would love a guy to ask me out on phone instead if text but to be honest I wouldn't know what to say to him. With texting I can give an answer when I please, but with phone calls it's a now or never sort of thing.

What Girls Said 3

• i agree. I'll always prefer a call over a text. A text is just more convenient for casual day to day talking to each other since you can multi task. But absolutely texting doesn't replace calling. A phone convo beats a text convo any day.

• well I like texting way better because its way less awkward then talking on the phone, andd you have the time to think out your answer lol. and it comes in handy when you like someone so its a way with communicating with them all the time and have long conversations. its just more easier to do

• texting doesn't replace calling, but it's more convenient

What Guys Said 4

• Hello,

Ive often wondered this.. I keep telling people DONT TEXT.. CALL, a call is the BEST way to ask someone out.. you avoid confusion and you can judge there tone of voice to see how interested they are.. it only takes 1 min to call someone.. ALSO if you call them and they don't answer they NEED to call you know what what you wanted.. with a text they can get it.. read it and then leave it..

ALSO a text can be MISREAD.. you can send a text with a smile on your face being playfull.. when they get it they may read it as been serious.. the only time a text should EVER be used is for things like..

"Ill be 2 min. x"

or

"leaving now x"

short and simple with no confusion..

but yes in short I agree.. DONT USE TEXTS..

-Chris

• In this generation communication is been through technology, Cellphones through texting and internet sites like MySpace,Facebook and using aim ect. What happen to the old school? "hey what's your number? ill call you tonight and crap. Talking on the phone I must say is an improvement of communication between the two instead of texting. I completely agree with you, calling means so much more than texting.

• I hate talking on the phone. Texting or in person or nothing at all.

• its also cheaper. especially if ur in a long distance relationship, like myself. it can be difficult to talk on the phone because you think you have a bad voice or something, and when you talk you're on the spot meaning you have to think as you speak. when you text, you can think about what you're gonna say before saying it. just makes it easier and a little less awkward