Is this a good thing to say to a girl in the first message on Facebook?

"Hey, I never really got a chance to get to know you, even though I'd really like to. You seem pretty cool."

Is this a good thing to say in the first message? We've never talked before, but met briefly during school a while ago.

Most Helpful Girl

• maybe you could say something like "What have you been up to or How are u?" at the end of what you just wrote too. So that she has something to reply back to so she will not be unsure of what to say next. Besides that I don't see a problem with it.

What Girls Said 10

• That's actually a great first message :] I wish I'd gotten more like that lol.

Definitely better than "Hey sexy!" [eye-roll] I hate those

Yours is very sweet and friendly.

• i think you should take out the "you seem pretty cool" part and then add a "how have you been?" at the end, like Micgirl suggested.

• Yeah I like it, its nice, but not creepy.

• yes I think its a good start. your telling her I like you and you wanna spend time with her.

• Simple and direct, that's the way to go. Good job.

A guy actually said pretty much the exact same thing to me, and it made me smile.

Anyways, good luck. :)

• Seems pretty legit to me.

• Very cute. And yes it's a very good message. Send it.

• yeah, I'd like it if I guy did that. goodluck! lol

• Yeah, ask her to hang out

• That's cute and daring! GOOD FOR YOU! If I got that I'd be flattered and glad a guy was so confident and straight forward. Good luck.

What Guys Said 1

• It's OK, but some girls would be creeped out by it. Just because girls are like that. Open-minded mature girls who haven't been jaded by guys and dating are more likely to accept friendly gestures like yours, but in most cases, you want to avoid setting off their "creep" alert.

I would have said something more along these lines:

""Hey, I'm (name). We met at (time and place/event where you met). We didn't get to talk much...just wanted to say hi : )"

Even better if you write a sentence or two about the event where you met, or the conversation you had with her. Just something small that jogs her memory of you, like a funny anecdote.

You could throw in a cocky-funny line like: "Since you seem like a cool girl and not a stalker, I felt it was safe for me to say hi ; ) "

Anyway, your message was good. Hopefully she'll friend you. Best of luck.