Why is this so hard?

Okay, so me and my ex have been broken up for almost 2 months. I still love him and care for him deeply. Some days are better than others and then there are some days when I just want to curl up and die. But I'm trying to move on, talking to new people and stuff. So I started talking to one of my ex's ex friend. They were friends but then had a fall out and are now not. So I talked to him often and now it has ended up that he really likes me. I am 16 and he is 20. I like him, but. I don't know. I"m just not over my ex. But I do want to try to move on. I want to give this guy a chance, but he's actually not that good of a guy. I was reading a survey of his and he has a lot of ex's and he has cheated and also. here is the twisted part. His one ex is also my ex's ex. And she was a whore and they both had sex and it's just. blah. it makes me very uncomfortable to think about that. This guy really likes me, and I kind of feel bad for almost leading him on that I like him a lot too, but I only like him a little. I just don't know what to do. My ex is also trying to make me jealous. he posted a picture on myspace of him and this girl, but his status still says single. and it was just a picture/party pose. either way, I was told that this would make my ex very jealous and have him come back, but. gahhh. I don't know what to do. :( I wish I wasn't in this situation. I wish I was still in love with my ex.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Don't lower yourself down to your ex's level, its sooooo not worth it. And if his ex friend is as bad as you say, you shouldn't put yourself around people like that. If your not comfortable around the person that's a big signal that he's not right for you.

I think you should just take some time to fully get over your ex. You will probably always have a little bit of feeling for him. But breaking up with him could be a good thing too as you may meet someone who's better for you.

• I don't know.. I want my ex back.. and this guy is sort of bad.. but.. not.. Like he tells me that he likes me and that he wants to see me and stuff, and that he likes my personality... but.. his past.. his past is bad.. I don't know.

• Yes.. I think I honestly would... and I guess I don't like him that much.. but.. I also want to move on.. I feel torn. I want to move on but I feel like I won't be able to and maybe this could help, but now I'm not so sure. I'm trying to get to know him more, and no, I do not trust him at all. I'm not sure about the second chance part. And, I'm not sure about the other girls, but I know he has a lot of ex's and he did screw up with my ex badly.

• Then you need to get this other guy out of your head and try to find someone else to move on to. I wouldn't trust him either. He seems like a loser to me.

So you have taken the time to grieve over your ex now the question is how do you just get over him. Maybe you should make a list of reasons your better off without him? Oh, and if you haven't already, try to pack away the things that remind you of him, so you can cleanse yourself of him and start fresh. It'll be hard But I know you can do it!