What do African American ladies think of white European men? Would you date a European?

I'm curious as to how women of color, and in particular African American women, view white European men. Would you be open to dating white men from European countries? Why or why not? What, if anything, attracts you to white European men?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm black and I'd love it! I've always had a preference for white men and guys from other countries are always way better than American men. Every time I leave the country guys there make me feel like a princess, it's great. I was in Brazil a few years ago and the guys there were amazing, they were so sweet and it wasn't just people who were being paid to deal with you (like waiters) it was everyone, random guys on the street, guys in the car etc.

But as far as Europeans go I'd definitely date one if I had the chance. When I was in England and France the guys there were great too. What's been nice about guys in every country I've been too is that they still act like men, whereas American guys have gotten in to this incredible annoying habit of being whiny, annoying, submissive, and in some cases feminine in their behavior and the way they approach things. Obviously this isn't all American guys but it's enough to make it noticeable (and enough for people to start writing articles about how women really don't feel they need men anymore). But European guys just act differently, they carry themselves differently and they seem way more secure in themselves and realize they don't have to be some crazy GI Joe macho man to be masculine. That and they're in better shape. I'm sure the general diet of Europeans has a lot to do with it but in Europe guys are looking at soccer players as the physical ideal whereas in America it's football and baseball players who aren't always in the best shape. European guys still seem to believe in working hard as opposed to thinking things should be given to them just because. Oh yeah, and you can't point out how Europeans are better than Americans without bringing up the cute accents, lol

• Lol thank you, that really lightened my day up =)

• I think you would get a lot of attention in my country too. A Caribbean black girl I know brought her (black) softball team with her to Norway, and she told me she noticed how guys admired their curves and skin. I'm not surprised that you got a lot off attention.

I do have an accent, myself, so maybe this will attract a girl? :-)

• Once you start talking yes. One of my sorority sisters spent a semester in ireland and came back with an irish boyfriend and when he came to visit we just pretty much made him talk to whole time because we liked his accent.

What Girls Said 6

• I am a black female and I have always been more attracted to white men. In my teen years, my brother even started joking that I only seem to like "Slavs" because of my interest in not only white American males, but also the Slavic males from places like Russia and Poland and the like. I find white males from European countries are a little more open-minded in regards to who they date and their families seem to be a little more open to accepting their choices than they are here in the states. They also don't seem to have as many of the pre-conceived notions that white American males have about black women, which is weird considering white American males probably have more access to images that go against the stereotypes. But I am very attracted to white European men! ; )

• Maybe it's true we are more open-minded in Europe. In my country, Norway, black women are often famous singers and very popular, despite the fact that we have few black people here. We have no history of slavery, so we don't have the same hang-ups based on history.

• I am of an oriental race but born in England.

To me personally, race does not matter. If I am attracted to that person and share interests and develop an emotional bond, that is what matters most and is enough to have a relationship no matter what race, background or culture they have.

• I am very open to dating a European man. European men seem not to worry about color, its like they see all women as equal. What attracts me to them is that I can be myself around them, and not feel as though I need to change something about myself in order to seem attractive to them. They don't have to act like a macho man to prove that they are men. Black men (not all) feel as though they have to act all rough and ready to show their masculinity.

European men (not all) seem to be geared towards marriage and wanting to settle down. I might be wrong, but they don't come across as wanting to remain in the game of having a lot of women at the same time. I am also physically attracted to them, its like a package that comes together, their personality, looks and so on.

• I would love to!! I find a lot of European men to be very sexy.

• i don't really know any. I only see yall on tv. some of the italian soccer players look pretty good. if I was gonna date a white guy, I would probably go for a european over an american though just because the culture is different and american whites and blacks have a sordid racial history that's deeply embedded into many ppl's psyches

• I'm a Black female and I have no problems with dating a white guy. In fact, the guy I'm interested in is French Canadian and Irish lol. But I don't love him because of his color...his heart is what attracts me. I think he is positively handsome, don't get me wrong, but I kinda stopped paying attention to his gorgeousness and just focused on him as a person after a while. I think that it's not the color that matters...it's the heart. America has a way of dividing everything racially, but at the end of the day, we're more alike than different. So I really don't care about the race...just as long as I'm treated with respect and dignity and love.

What Guys Said 2

• Attraction is subjective to each person, not to each race. I for example prefer physically Oriental women, but that is only a preference and not a reason for me to date someone.

If my current girlfriend was Caucasian, black, or any other race that wouldn't change how I feel about her, the fact she is Oriental is only a bonus, as I love the person not the shell.

• I am a men,if I was been a women I will date with a tall and strong white European men. it may bring me more sense of security.