Facial hair or no facial hair?

OK, I am going on a first date with this girl and I cannot decide!

Facial hair or no facial hair?

What do most girls like on their man, nice and smooth or rugged?

Please give your opinion and explain...

• Facial hair
  • No facial hair
[IMG] link
link

I think this is the right link...
This is a year ago, but with much less.

link

Most Helpful Girl

• Normally I'd say keep the facial hair... I kinda like a little jaw fuzz; I think it's sexy. But that's only up to a point (no Gandalf beards please) and not all girls will agree with me.

Perhaps for a first date you could go shaven - people tend to look their best on first dates so just as the girl will be in full make-up and heels or whatever, you could go shave. Then maybe months down the line you can be lazing around watching TV and you can appreciate that laid-back side of each other. Being clean shaven makes it look more like you made an effort.

Having said that, I think the goatee suits you! It doesn't look too messy or anything like that. And if she's seen you, then she probably likes how it looks anyway =]

• ...if you saw a gandolf beard you wouldn't date the guy?? oh man girls these days

• Haha no I'm just messing around, but you have to admit a Gandolf beard... specifically Gandolf's beard is pretty sweet

• Lol I thought as much, just thought I'd check! Well if I saw a guy with a beard like that I'd think it was more funny than sexy =P

What Girls Said 17

• I would keep it. Plus, she was attracted to you when she first met you and when you got her number, asked her on a date, etc. so nothing would've changed. Just keep it :) lol

• Guys say that girls wear make-up more for themselves/other females rather than guys and most guys don't actually like make-up that much...Well I think the equivalent for men is facial hair. Most of the time it's HORRIBLE, but the only exception is all over scruff(doesn't work for everyone either). The rule of scruff is that it must look like it's just a day between shaves.

Just shave.

• I like clean shaven myself. Sometimes when a guy has bristles or shaggy facial hair, it rubs my skin raw when kissing him.

• If she met you with the beard and is expecting it, I'd say keep it. When I've got an image of a guy with a beard and he shaves it, it always throws me for a loop. Plus, different women vary so much on this topic it's best to just do what you like and hope a beard isn't the deciding factor here.

It looks good on you, by the way.

• I say keep the facial hair

You know what throws me off? When I meet a guy with facial hair and he looks his age and then sometime down the line he shaves it off and looks 15/16 years old. That's the only time I have a problem with it.

• most girls like no facial hair. they like smooth. but I LOVE beards. I don't like scruff though. it's really uncomfortable for the girl. but a nice beard will make me swoon any day. ;)

• Facial hair is hot... Me personally, I have never met a guy who didn't look good without some rugged-like facial hair. And I think when a guy has no facial hair it makes them look less manly.

But all girls are not the same and some prefer a clean shaven guy.

If you were to go with facial hair, just make sure you keep it under control and not all Grizzly Adams.

• Depends on how well you suit it, not every dude looks good with facial hair.

• i believe no facial hair...cuz I like guys with smooth face... no hair will do... good luck with your first date..i hope you guys have fun... laters

• Has she seen you with the scruff look?

I LOVE the rugged love but it will show that you made an effort. And kissing smooth skin is goooooooood.

Best of luck with the date :-) I'm sure she'll like you either way

• don't go full out beard, but have it trimmed and rugged. without it, you will look like a little boy...and women love men!

• Definitely at least a little scruff.

• definatly go for the rugged look!

• id personally say no because facial hair is gross

• Just keep the facial hair, especially if you met her before and had it. It's not really reason why she would like you any more or less.

• you look good with it

• Don't have a full out beard, but keep short stubble and scruff. It's so hot.

What Guys Said 8

• It depends. Some guys, like me, look way young without a beard on. But some guys don't look good with beard at all.

Some guys have no beard. lol

In the end though, I don't think it matters that much. So if you really want our opinion, you should probably post pics, like I did in my question. The majority of girls said I should stick with my beard but keep it trimmed.

• I want to know this too I'm not sure if I should go for clean cut or facial hair

• Not the facial hair you're sporting. Something just doesn't quite add up. To try hard? You do look pretty young.

• Ditch the runways on the sides man..

• my girlfriend doesn't like much facial hair... she doesn't like feeling it when she kisses me so she prefers me to be shaven

• i say no hair... saludos desde baja california, mexico!

• Being a fellow ginger with facial hair, I say keep it it!

• hmmm...some guys look good with scruff and others don't. The women below are for it, but I got a feeling it's better to be "safe than sorry".

If you do go with the facial hair make sure it's well trimmed.

• I don't know if the other girls saw your pic yet, but bro you are part ginger. Hate to say this, but we don't look (I'm part ginger myself) that good with facial hair. I would make narrow your goatee a bit.

• Actually, I am all ginger and proud of it. There are probably not that many out there that can do what I can.

• Well you got the right attitude bro. I have been teased relentlessly being part ginger by my close friends/family. I guess being proud of it is the right way to act.