I'm almost a senior and I've never been kissed. What do I do?

OK, so I'll be 17 soon and I'm really bummed out because I've never had my first kiss. I haven't even had a boyfriend. I'm not sure why because I AM pretty, and I'm fun to be around. I'm really good at ignoring peer pressure but it's really embarrassing to have a girl ask me who my first kiss was and have to tell her that I haven't had one yet. I have a some (2) guy friends that I can pretty much talk about anything with, but even telling them that I haven't been kissed was embarrassing. One of them is leaving for college soon, and we're going to hang out in a couple of days. I really want to ask him to be my first kiss just so I can get it out of the way. What do you think? Any advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• Please please don't worry- you're by no means abnormal. At risk of sounding like your grandma- Its better to wait. I bet you any money that If a few of your friends answered absolutely honestly, then their sexual experience would be a lot less than what they are admitting to. It takes a brave person to admit naievety, I have a lot of respect for you! I was 18 when I got my first boyfriend, and 18 when I had my first kiss. This was because up until then I had been at an all girls school and hadn;t been 100% comfortable with any of my guy friends. It never occured to me that I might be a freak or abnormal, and to be perfectly honest I don't think I was really! Plenty of people don't want to rush into things. Just like you probably don't want to rush into sex, I don't think you should rush into a first kiss. Its meant to be memorable.

My first kiss was with a boy that I had been working with on a riding stables for the summer. We were sleeping at the stables in a tent so we could watch out for a mare that was meant to be giving birth that night. We were in the same tent, and were cooking together and everything. We got on so well but I didn't imagine that anything would happen. One day he started hugging me and touching my arms and stuff, he was overly helpful and wouldn't let me do any of the 'manly jobs' such as carrying the straw bales etc etc. The mare foaled that night and we got caught up in the moment and kissed. It was a beautiful moment with a new born foal at our feet just wobbling on its little hooves.

I honestly think that I would have regretted 'throwing away' my first kiss. If you are thinking about kissing one of your guy friends then I would give it a lot of thought to start with and I wouldn't actually bring the subject up with him. That makes for one big awkeward situation where you both feel pressured into doing something that you don't necessarily feel comfortable with doing.

If you need to chat or talk things through with anyone then feel free to add me as a friend.

Jess xxx

• Thank you for your advice, Jess! It really helped. No, I don't want to rush into my first kiss. I want to save it for someone I really like that feels the same about me. I just didn't know if it was weird that I hadn't been kissed. Now that I know it's normal I'm happy waiting. Thanks!! :)

What Guys Said 2

• Ahaha. 21 here, and never been kissed either. You've got time.

• Choose the right moment and go for the guy. Don't say would you be my first kiss, too much pressure. Just be comfortable, at a party etc.

What Girls Said 1

• You could be intimidatingly smart, shy, and pretty. I know I am very attractive but I didn't have my first kiss until I was almost 17, but it was my Junior Year of high school. It was with someone I really didn't like, he was drunk and I was not. It's okay! I promise. I didn't kiss another person again until right before I started my senior year. You are completely normal :)