The game

How many of you guys here believe that the dating rules should be followed?

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you talking about the book "The Rules" or just dating strategies in particular?

Either way I think of them more as guidelines. I'm more interested in the theory and psychology behind the rules. I care more about why it works (or doesn't work) than if it works. I've actually read literature from the PUA community and found it quite helpful. It actually did change my life for the better despite the fact that I haven't implemented their methods. But it's more of something I've absorbed into my personality than something I follow to the letter. I have my own opinions and individually too and I take what I like and leave what I don't.

What Guys Said 4

• Hello,

I find it intersting that you phrase the question by saying "how many GUYS here belive".. what you think women don't have rules?

of course they do ALL woman have dating rules.. when they want to be called. how they want to be seen, who pays the bill, the time/place you meet up.. ect ect ect..

so when you say why do GUYS have rules.. what your really asking is why do some guys not act the way I WANT them to act..

My answer is simply this.. I DO FOLLOW RULES.. why.. becouse they work.. I'm not interested is been messed around and I want a women I'm dating to become interested.. so why would I only act/think/do the things she wants if this will only make me like every other guy.. making her bored and wanting to leave/settle..

-Chris

• When I said guy I actually meant guys as in people. sorry, I only realized the question would be misleading after I posted it

• Rules are for people that want to follow in life. I have my own set of rules. How can you apply "dating rules" when you have feelings involved that can change from person to person. I mean if you feel comfortable enough with a person then what set of "magic" rules do you really need to abide by. I recently started dating a girl and I took her rule book and threw it out the window and she told me that was the biggest turn on, cause I took charge of the situation.

• If girls I date decide that dating rules should be followed, then I know I'm not dating her anymore.

• So hopefully someone gets this. But aww I just lost the game.

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe I'm completely out of the loop, but what are "the dating rules"?

• Ugh, I hate people who take dating too seriously. This includes any of those goddam dating rules.