Why do men disappoint? I am so turned off now..grrr!!!?

I started dating a new guy. He text me and ask me if I want to go running (that's awesome that he wants to stay in shape BUT that and going to parks is all he ever wants to do. Doesn't invite me anywhere else. So "cheap" comes to mind.) I don't want to go running or walking around my house all the time so I lied and said I already ran, let's go to downtown instead. Then he replies "I put my check in the bank today but it won't clear till Thursday or Friday. Do you think you can treat me today if we do something downtown? The good thing is that I have a one day bus card at the house so traveling won't be an issue", I was upset. He only paid for one dinner and he wants me to pay for him if we do something downtown, HELL NO! I didn't reply, After an hour he text me back "I don't think I can go downtown, I am going to be busy but can I stop and see you for a bit? I hope your not upset that I can't hang out with" I texted him back "I understand that you are busy". He then ask me again" Can I come see you later?" First of all what kind of man has the balls to ask a woman to pay for him?!?!?That's not having any balls.Am I wrong to be upset? We just started dating,grrr, I don't think we are compatible. How do I let him go? I did like him A LOT, a whole A LOT actually but if the relationship starts like this I think it can only get worse. I am gonna be sad to let him go but I know men don't change. So I rather now then later. Am I making a big deal? I am not sure if I should break up with him but if I do how do I tell him? I do want to stay with him but my gut tells me that he's not for me. What do I reply to his text?

Most Helpful Girl

• i definitely agree with you, that's just sad that he can't pay for you especially since you just started dating. It sounds like he might not have much money in general but STILL, I would be just as frustrated as you are lol. Maybe it might seem kindof pathetic, but I would consider breaking up if he keeps doing the same thing. :S

• I agree glitterberryalisa. You need to say ENOUGH already. It is obvious while the guy might like you back, he is as cheap as hell. No offense to him because maybe he doesn't have that much money, but come on. If he's not being adventurous in taking you other places, he's a one note dude. You deserve better than that. I mean, the guys are right in that women should pay for dates too, but it sounds to me like all the early indications of money problems will be affecting happiness in the future.

What Guys Said 4

• What if he just is very short on cash lol? With all due respect, we live in 2010 and although chivalry is nice, women are allowed to pay for things.

• Pay in the begining? Don't think so. I could understand 6 months down the line but now??//

• Maybe he posted the same question... "Why do women dissapoint? I am so turned off right now... no sex!"

• Lol........

• If you're upset with him being cheap after this, then yes I would tend to agree. He seems like the kind of guy who, while he does like you, would borrow loads of money and then not repay it after you broke up.

• hey, you women p*ss us men off too.

• LOL... equal rights until money is involved. I'd like you to reverse the situation and maybe have him demanding for you to buy dinners and nights out on the town. You should be with a guy because you like him... because you enjoy spending time with him... and you both have fun doing things of common interest. You shouldn't have to drag each other around moaning about who pays and where you're going, what fun is that? And if so... why do you want to hang out with someone who is no fun to you. My advice is to either find some common ground, or stop complaining and find someone who will enjoy taking you downtown and treating you to dinners.

What Girls Said 0