What makes so many people think they know so much about dating?

Seriously I've only been a member of this site for about a month and have received some of the sh*ttiest advice and answers from people, some of which are not even over 18 and couldn't possibly know anything worth telling me about dating.

Lol wow. A lot of you douche bags proved my point exactly. For all of you who simply agreed with me and told me how you feel the same way, thank you. And for everyone who thought it was a good idea to get mouthy and get offended, thank you.

Most Helpful Girl

• lol, I agree with you ha ha xD

• I know right . read some of the answers these little kids are giving me. Looks like some of em are a little sensitive.

• I noticed the rude answers...just ignore it.

What Girls Said 6

• This "question" had no point. And you shouldn't discredit people simply based on age.

• You should kill yourself

• Engaged + 18 = auto discredit. the end.

• How can you even say something like that? It makes you sound like a complete ass, though I don't want to assume you are. (oh, and I'm not engaged. I honestly had no idea that was in my info @.@ )

• I agree, so I try not to answer the dating question asked by people in the age group above mine but some people do ask kind of dumb questions, like "is it okay to put a tracker in my mans car?" and then list a completely ridiculous reason as to why they think that is justified. but lol dude your kinda not being so lets say nice to the people that mouth of at you, it's their opinion you did ask for it slightly, so just ignore them...

• I like the fact that people with stupid answers, answer anonymously. Funny.

Oh SaltyCracker...I'm with you on this one...

• then leave the site...

• i agree with you. especially coming from some of the people who can't even get a girl/guy how are you gonna give me advice?

• 100% agree. Read the answers and look how many people couldn't wait to start little arguments.

• then don't ask the questions if you don't want sh*tty answers- like this one.

What Guys Said 6

• Oh you're gonna love this. :'D I'm 23 and never had a girlfriend, but a lot of people tell me the advice I give is great and helps them a lot. OOOOHHH THE IRONY! o.o

What makes me think I know so much about dating? It's called being smart, using your brain, and knowing people. It also helps if you have a lot of friends, especially of the opposite sex, who help you see how things are like from their point of view. That's what I base a lot of my answers on. Most of it is pretty logical, but the rest are things I've observed before in my life.

Of course, I'm rarely 100% sure, but I never say I am. =p

• True. I have way less experience than my older sister, but I learn from the mistakes she makes.

• If you don't like it you can leave. Some good and some bad advice is an inevitable consequence of the way this website works (wisdom of the crowd and all that stuff), and as a college student you should have been smart enough to realize that before you became a member a month ago.

Complaining about it now makes you seem like a whiny bitch.

• I rarely touch down on a question if I have no prior experience. I dated a girl for many years from 17-22, and have had countless dates here and there. I usually base my answers from those experiences, and especially from my time with my ex. I went through a lot with her. I also use my education. Being a sociology minor I researched a number of subjects. Though it was for coursework, I really was involved with the subjects with a passion. The areas were gerontology, psychology, criminology, sociology and the family and a few others. The most prominent being symbolic interaction. Only a few were introductory courses, and many I continued on learning. This is why I always have a statistical overtone with many of my answers.

I'm sorry you find the advise lacking. I too notice more youngsters with redundant questions, but you can't deny that everyone has an opinion. I find that the best people to learn from, are from strangers. They are not biased.

Might I add that there are still some very respectful and mature members here who give amazing advise. There is Jac, Shlei3, Palek, Lost Angel, Artistboy and a few others. Sadly there were others, but they seem to have come and gone. If I'm missing anyone else, it's cause I haven't read their answers yet. Many people create a profile and never return, so those I listed have stayed. Regardless, I think you should be grateful anyone bothers to answer anyhow.

• Haha "for all of you who simply agreed with me"...there's your problem right there. If I agreed with the idiot, then I wouldn't be the know-it-all anymore and I like the attention...

• a lot of the advice and stuff are just opinions...this is just kinda a place for people to voice their opinions then the question asker can look through the opinions and pick out the one(s) that make the most sense to them

• And your problem is what exactly?