Dorks or no dorks?

Ok this is a question that I have had in my head for a while. You see I know there are some otacu (anime fan) girls out there and even some that like video games. But my real question is how many of you would really date a comic book reading, anime watching, video game playing nerd? I'm really curious.

Im gonna be strait. I like anime and video games. But I have many other traits like I'm a musician (guitarist) and a martial artist, so I'm sporty and artistic as well as a bit nerdy, and I'm studying to be a mechanical engineer so that is sort of nerdy
So I'm kind of curios about how girls think about that type of guy. The Nerd!

Most Helpful Girl

• I happen to be dating a 'nerd'.and he's almost 40! haha. I don't have much interest in games, or anime, or any of that stuff. But I have hobbies he isn't really into, either (camping, rock climbing, etc). It wasn't his hobbies that will make or break a relationship; or mine, for that matter. I may not be into that kind of stuff, but I'm into HIM; so I'll gladly sit and watch some anime with him, or try to understand his explanations of World of Warcraft. It doesn't mean I like it any better, just that I can at least understand the basics of something he really enjoys. He went camping with me, so I try to learn WoW for him =) It's you, as a person, not your habits. I think nerds are great! As I tell my boyfriend.he doesn't go out and party, etc; so that left him single and ready for me to come swoop him up! lol There are a lot of women that will like you for YOU! Quirks and all =) Don't settle for less.

What Girls Said 7

• Well, I'm also a comic book reading, anime watching, video game playing nerd, so who am I to judge?

A lot of people are under the impression that "dorks" can't be attractive at all and that they have no life or personality beyond comics, anime, etc. but that's so not true. People are always surprised to hear that I'm into all that stuff. It's not like I hide it, I just don't walk around in Naruto gear like the kids I went to high school with.

Besides, there's just something about dorks. . .they always make me smile :]

• I've met a lot of guys that are like that, dated even a few, so I guess I would.

I mean everyone has something to offer, the good thing about you guys, is that most of you are smart. Which usually is the problem with me, I rather be the smart one hah hah.

• Love dorks. Love.

• I want you to know that I love all of those things (literally). All my friends are nerds (most are guys), I watch anime and play video games (currently a XBox360 and Wii are hooked up). I do Judo and am an anthropologist. Who wouldn't want someone who shares similar interests? Chances are if a girl doesn't like that kind of guy, then she's not the girl for you. I like it when guys talk nerdy to me. Silly but true.

• I'm a total otaku, and pretty much every guy I've ever liked is either an otaku and/or loves video games. I love dorks, and I am a total dork. As long as that isn't ALL they're interested in, then that's fine.

• Yeah, people who are not otakus like us don't even know what they are missing. All do I think that technicly my friends consider me a half-otaku or otaku-ish becuase I do a lot of not otaku stuff like clubing and sports. But if I ever went to japan I think I would wear a otaku bage with pride. Lol!!

• Personally? Yeah, I would date an otaku/gamer/nerd. Heck, I'd date any guy (jock, muscian, theatre, etc) as long as I know he will treat me well and love me for what I am, the way I would him.

But really; for every "type" of guy out there, there are tons of girls who would find that type attractive. It's all about personal tastes.

• Yep! I like that kind of stuff and it'd be cool to find a guy who likes that same geeky stuff as me.

Though I've seen guys like that who are really awkward and a bit creepy...

What Guys Said 0