What's the biggest age difference you could accept in a relationship?

question says it all. how much older could you date without it bothering you?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think age - to me, isn't that important. What's important is that your both on the same page. In a lot of cases someone older would be interested in, or looking for, something different than someone my age. But if I found someone older, who I gelled with, who was looking for the same things as me - then the age wouldn't be an issue.

I have a friend, my age, 18, who's dating a guy who's 32 (?) I think. For starters he looks young for his age; not that that has much to do with anything - but it means they don't stand out as a couple who you'd look at and immediately think they don't belong together.

He's a really down to earth, nice guy; and their both in the same place in their lives. They've got a flat together but neither of them yet are looking to start a family or settle down - so really any age difference between them doesn't have much effect on their relationship. And seen as she's 18 - she's able to do everything he can do - drink, pubs, clubs, etc - so there are no restraints like that on their relationship.

She's pretty mature for her age, and he pretty, not immature, but - young, for his age - so they kind of meet some place in the middle. If this happens, and a couple can make it work - I don't really see age as an issue.

What Guys Said 8

• I guess love is the same no matter the age difference.

If both parts like each other I don't see what's wrong.

The only conflict would most likely be how other people would react to them - If you don't really care about what other thinks about it or if it's generally accepted I see no problem at all :)

Oh and also: Some guys might just be exploiting the girls especially during the teenage where the girl would usually be fairly naive and optimistic about the boy. Boys can be very insensitive and unreliable :)

That's my point of view :)

• 3-4 years. Anything over that and I'd be feeling a bit weird. o.o Unless her age doesn't really show itself. Like, maybe she's 26, but she still has the spirit of someone younger.

• I like the "half plus seven" rule. Half the age of the older partner plus seven is the minimum age for the younger partner. At younger ages the two people should be closer in age, as people age they change less so larger age gaps are then okay.

• At my age (27) I would date someone five years older or younger than me. As I age that range will expand. In my late 30s early 40s it will probably be about 7-8 years difference.

• 5yrs plus minus

• (age)/2+7.

• 5 years younger...2 years older

• 60

What Girls Said 3

• Age isn't important. The level of attraction, compatibility and maturity are what matters. I've dated 1 1/2 years younger and as much as 20 years older. I'm only 20 though so that may change as I get older.

• Three years older one year younger. But that'll probably change as I get older. There are certain stigmas at different ages.

• if the other person is old enough to start thinking about starting a family, and you think your to young for that then that's not good. I wouldn't be with someone 10 years older then me, no matter what. that's just a bit to old I think . but everyones different