Need ex-boyfriend help.

My ex and I just broke up (he left me).. so I've been hanging out with my friends in order to heal the pain of it all. Things were going good, and I got asked out on a date by this guy that has liked me for quite some time. I accepted.. but I happened to have seen my ex last night. Now that he sees I'm happy and strong, he seems to want me back. And I'm really not over him in the very least. Do I call off the date with the other guy? Or should I go and just see what happens? I really didn't plan on seeing him ever again, and I thought a date would be harmless.. but I didn't realize how NOT over this ex I was. Help please?

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't go back to your ex. He left you. He'll do it again. Give the poor new guy a chance. Because once your relationship with your ex is over again, the new person probably won't take you back. And you'll never know what you missed out on. Wait till the relationship with the new person is over. If your ex really wants you back, he can wait.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• Don't feel like you have to force yourself to get right back out into the dating world, otherwise you won't give yourself enough time to heal. Also, you don't want to jump into a rebound relationship because it isn't fair to the new guy OR you. Your ex is just recognizing that although he ended it he still has feelings about the loss of the relationship and the loss of you from his life (okay it's not exactly that he LOST you, but that's how he's feeling) Let him figure it out for himself, but do NOT accept him back at the drop of hat. If he hasn't realized how he hurt you and you take him back you're basically giving him the green light to hurt you again in the future should he ever decide he wants to leave. I think it's great that you are relying on friends, getting out there and dating again. Have fun on the date and don't put too much stock in it-just think of it as getting to know a friend better and have a good night socializing. Your ex is going to have to pick himself up off the ground just like you did :)

• I think you need to decide what you really want. I say go on the date, but don't rule out your ex either (if you really love him and believe in your relationship)...going out with the other guy and also seeing your ex may help you figure out what you want...maybe the date will show you that you don't want your ex back...or maybe it will show you the opposite...Its just a date, not a commitment, so go and see how you feel I say. Yes your ex left you...but we don't know what we have til its gone...

• You already are aware that for some reason you do not want to pursue a relationship anymore with your ex. Most girls that are not over their ex and want them back would jump at the opportunity to go back to their ex but you are asking here if you should so you already know there are problems with your ex. Most guys don't like it when their ex ignores them. Whenever I ignore my ex he blows up my IM and inbox but when I give him attention he acts like I'm not there and ignores me. (LOL!) I think you should give the new guy a chance and don't blow him off. He sounds like a nice guy and meeting and getting to know a new person sounds like exactly what you need. You already know how it will be with your ex so he can definitely be put off until you are ready to talk to him. Good luck! :)

• Personally I wouldn't accept your boyfriend back just yet. He is the one that broke up with you and had REASON. Now that he sees you happy... it means he lost that power and control over you that he thought he had. Id say go on the date...HOWEVER let your date know that you just got out of a relationship. You don't want to end up on a rebound... that wouldn't be fair to either one of you. Be friends first with this other guy, and don't jump into another relationship so quickly. It will give you time to figure out what's best for you. Take things slow!