Is it OK to date an older guy?

I'm 16 and I was wondering if its OK to date a guy who is 23, I know him since June of 2009

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't at the age of 16 when your hormones are going crazy. Honestly if you were in your twenties and he was 7 years older I would say that's okay. But the level of maturity you have at 16 and 23 is way different... you gotta make sure he is not trying to make you vulnerable to use u. You never know...

What Guys Said 5

• Well if where you live considers 16 to be an adult, then sure. If not, then legally, no its not. Granted legally and what's in your opinion being right, two different things.

• if you want to, just remember you might want to date him, but because of you age he might not, its not because your 7 years younger its because your underage and he could get into some serious trouble

• no

• any 23 year old who would is bad news period

• No, it's illegal.

What Girls Said 4

• Your thing says your in the US so make so make sure its legal where you live, in some places its not.

• Well, since you're under the age of 18 then you'll have to get your parents permission because otherwise it's illegal.

• no it's not. it's not just numbers, it's maturity

• for fun yeah...but I'm sure he wouldn't be looking into something serious, is ya know waat I mean