Do you think it's OK to get married at 20?

i mean isn't that too early? you still wanna experience things right?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't plan on getting married until I am able to completely support myself. College is too early. I'm not a drinker, so it's not because I want to be free to party and do whatever, but I want to focus on college so I can get a good, stable job. Planning for a wedding takes a lot of time and effort, and I want to have a stable life before tackling marriage. Being engaged in college wouldn't bother me as much though.

What Girls Said 6

• I wouldn't recommend it, but if 2 people are in love, and want to get married than they should. I just think the times are different now. My mom was 19 and my dad was 21 when they got married and they have been married going on 36 years, but with just about every kid going to college after high school, I would recommend waiting a few years. 20 seems to early for marriage now a days.

• Personally, I don't see any reason to get married so early. Yes, I can understand loving someone so much that you can't imagine not being with them. But that doesn't mean that you marry them- you can love someone and not have a ring on your finger. Most of the people I know who got married in their early twenties are divorced.

• if you love each other you can wait. if you think the other is going to leave then I can understand y someone would want to rush to get married.

unless you been dating for 8 years and live together for 1-2 years already, and you except their credit score, and don't plan on having kids til you are 100% financial stable and able to except a new member. as a youth at 20-23 after considering these things then you shud think about getting married

• Well I wouldn't do it but one of my friends did. She's pregnant now and while I'm happy that she's happy I still think it's a mistake

• Too early, esp nowadays.

• I think it is too young. You should be wanting to go to keg parties and backpacking Europe.

Loosing out on the fun of being single in your 20s aside, I actually think it is a big mistake because I found most people change dramatically when they are 22/23, even if they don't go to college. It is this huge maturing time in their life where everything sees to changes. Almost everyone older than 25 can say that they developed a lot in that year or two.

Say you are going to live to be 85, why rush into marriage? Wait till you are 24. If you still want to marry him, what is 4 years in 60+ years of marriage? If you grow apart, then you don't have the painful/expensive divorce.

What Guys Said 2

• It depends on each person.

Where the relationship is, if you really feel that is the next logical step, if you feel mature enough to do it.

My personal reccomendation is not to even think about it until you're 30, but the truth is, it really comes down to you and the other person.

• well its the same as a LTR.

• Whats LTR?

• You won't date someone that's been in a LTR? uhh why not?

• Cuz they are weird. how can you have a "relationship" with some one whos far away? and the only way you can talk is phone and facebook