Why are guys afraid to date a smart serious girl?

just wondering

Most Helpful Guy

• Serious equates to being an adult, and most guys (and girls) your age don't want to be "adults" yet.

Sure they want to drink, and go to bars and clubs and act like they are to be taken serious, but when it comes to real life, they aren't interested.

I was frustrated about this concept when I was 19 too, because all the girls that were around me talked about wanting a serious guy, but never put it into practice.

Instead they went for "bros" and it was pointless to even engage in a conversation with them.

Eventually you will find the serious guy, but you will need experience to be able to separate him from the crowd, and I don't mean dating experience necessarily.

What Guys Said 6

• Of course some guys find it intimidating and others aren't mature enough. BUT there are guys out there who do prefer the smart, serious type. Beats being with some girl who is a complete airhead.

• yeah not all guys are afraid to date smart girls, smart girls are fun, giggly dumb girls are annoying 80- 90% of the time in the relationship we are not going to have sex, at would least like someone to talk to that doesn't have the intelligence of a 2 year old,

• They're the only ones I dated. Then I married one :D

• Not all of us are.

• I don't like girls who are always serious..

• im not but they are not as common as you are making it sound.

What Girls Said 0