Why isn't he calling me?

I went out on a date Tuesday. I thought we had a good time. We ended up cuddling on his couch and watching TV (which I had no problem with especially since he was on call for his job at the hospital). He kept tickling me to get me to sit closer and like I said we cuddled. Also he kissed me! He put no other moves on me but he kept kissing me lol. I was like OK this guy is into me. So it was around 11 and he started yawning and I asked if I should go because he seemed tired. He said no half hour more you can stay.

When I left he said he would text me tomorrow...that was three days ago now...

But yesterday I text him and said "just wanted to say hi, you're probably sleeping. ttylr" (it was 12 am when I text him)

He replied "Sorry meant to text you yesterday but I've had 18 hr days here so far. How are U?"

I know he went on a business trip and then from there is on a mini vacation with his family.

What should I do? I don't want to keep texting him because I think that's annoying and clingy. Is he trying to like...ignore me? lol so I'll go away? lol please help!

Oh yea I replied to him and said, "No worries, Go do what you need to do. Ttylr" and he hasn't responded back to me or talked to me.

Most Helpful Girl

• I will say that 90% of the time when a guy says he's busy, he's busy. You're not his girlfriend, so (and no offence) but you're not his first priority. The fact that he works at a hospital and barely has enough time to take a mini vacay with his family already tells you this guy has a hectic life. He definitely sounds interested, so I'd say wait it out. For all you know, anything could have happened in his life/with his phone. If you haven't heard from him in 2 weeks, move on. For now, be patient and DO NOT be clingy. He needs to know that you are the type of girl that understands his busy schedule, so that if you do ever become his girlfriend, you won't be harrassing his phone constantly when he could be really busy. Wait it out. Good luck!

What Guys Said 6

• Perhaps he thought what you said in your text was a kind of brush off?

I suggest you leave it and let him contact you when he gets back if he is interested in you.

Try to start thinking of other things and other guys so that you can move on if necessary. You will have many more opportunities to meet guys so just put this behind you.

He will probably contact you as soon as he gets back from his holiday and you can pick it up from there if you wish. He may be a bit luke warm as many men are if they think they are being cornered a little but as soon as the girl in question turns her back they will give chase. Men are like that.

• Should I text him when I know he will be back from vacation? like Hey how was your trip?

• As hard as it may seem, you have to keep in mind that he has his own life, his job, family, and vacations, just as you do. he probably is telling the truth something can up and he had to go somewhere. another thing is he might be trying to not respond as much so he doesn't come off needy. I wouldn't text him anymore than three to four days you have to spread them apart. another thing is, is that I'm sure your a pretty girl, don't settle for this guy keep your options open. you don't own him anything...

• Try asking him questions, considering that man and woman are so attracted to each other we certainly don't understand each other that well. He did ask how are u? So I doubt he doesn't want to talk to u. He probably is just busy and does not want to start talking to you and then need to do some thing else, or maybe he isn't allowed to use his cell at work. I think he still likes u

• dammit, I hate when my phone drops in the middle of the pacific ocean and I can't return a girls call. I'm taping my phone to my hand from now on

• may be he is not intrested or may be he was flirting

• nah busy guy..give him space

What Girls Said 4

• No, you should text him when he gets back on his trip, just leave it alone. I am in the SAME situation, everything was perfect, texted/called me everyday and just stopped like cold turkey, I texted him and then called him and since he never got back to me, I left it alone.

If the man wants to contact you, trust me, he will...

• Its a mixed situation, I've been dating a girl for 3 months and last Monday it ended.. the reason was she said I wasn't there enough and I kept waiting to long to call her.. the truth was I didn't want to come on to hard to fast and becouse she never asked me about it she lost interest and left.. I say if you want to talk to your date/partner wait about 2 days and CALL THEM..

• Well, if he works at a hospital, he will probably be busy a lot. But just find some other things to do to keep your mind off of him. Go hang with sum friends, go shoppin, spend tyme with ya fam or just chat with other guys so you won't keep your eggs and one basket. I hope everythang goes well and gud luck.

• move on it ain't happening

• The ball is in his court. I wouldn't text him again. If he is interested he is certainly clever enough to contact you. Sounds like he enjoyed the night but that isn't necessarily enough to keep a guy going. A relationship may just not be that important to him right now.