I don't know what to do...

this guy I've been seeing asked me to be his girlfriend. I have never been in a relationship before. I probably don't even know what to do as a girlfriend. am I supposed to call him more now? hanging out more? or cook for him? I have NO CLUE.

im kinda afraid of commitment (not because I want other guys but the idea of hanging out with someone all the time can be boring.)

so yeah girls, what do you do as a girlfriends that make your boyfriends love you.

and guys, what do you like your girlfriends to do? (not just sexual stuff)

thanks for any input

Most Helpful Guy

• first off just relax. it will be ok. here's what you do if you want to be the best girlfriend ever. #1. communicate with him. tell him this is your first rodeo. That's fair and honest and it's the right thing to do. Always be honest and talk about anything you want to talk about.

#2. communicate in a positive manner. make sure your both being truthful and respectful to each other. very important.

#3. be yourself. he wants to date the girl he met first. not the girl you think you have to turn into. it's like cinderella. I want the pumpkin, not the stagecoach.

#4. be honest, faithful, and treat him the way you would want to be treated. all I have ever asked of any woman is honesty and kindness. pretty easy, the rest will fall right into place. - j

What Guys Said 1

• Just be yourself. Get to know each other, learn what you both like, and enjoy your time together. It's pretty simple really. :)

What Girls Said 1

• WOW haha you sound like me!

i think what you really have to do is be honest with him and tell him that you want to ease into the girlfriend status because of X, Y, and Z reasons. If he's boyfriend-worthy he'll understand.

In all honesty though, I think you should just keep doing whatever it is that you're doing and let him lead (but just because this is your first relationship, later on when you have more experience, know that it should always be equal.not that this can't be equal now too but you know what I mean?)