Ladies would you date a 40 year old?

Why /why not?

what is appropriate?

I know women that are 40 and date 20 somethings!

Is this a double standard?

I was dating a 39 year old recently! I am just looking at younger women!

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally wouldn't. It's too big of an age gap for me. We're in completely different areas of our lives and it would be hard to find a common goal in that respect. And yes, there is a bit of a double standard when it comes to dating younger people and it just boils down to the differences between men and women. It's much riskier for a woman to date a much older man. The reasons are usually very superficial as to why the man wants to date her (he's lost some of his looks but she's brand new), and the girl can be easily taken advantage of. You don't see that happening much in reverse. Often the woman misses the passion of a younger a man and the man wants the experience of an older woman. Since men are driven sexually by looks mostly, he obviously feels the woman is hot enough so it's not an unequal trade there, and the younger guy doesn't see any risks involved (like getting raped). Plus he's not as easily taken advantage of as a young girl tends to be.

Is it a double standard? Absolutely. But there are plenty of them in the world that favor men as well. Men and women are different, plain and simple. I think it comes down to the idea that a man can better take care of himself in riskier situations than women can.

What Girls Said 5

• Well I'm 18 and I'm dating a 30 year old. 40 would be too old for me, but maybe when I'm 25-30 then 40 would be a good age. Obviously I think right now, with 40 being more than twice my age it wouldn't be appropriate. But with the guy I'm dating we have an awesome time together. He's more experienced than me which I love and he likes that I'm a lot younger than him. I think if you meet the right kind of person it can work out with that big of an age difference, because I know a lot of people that if they were in my same situation they would have nothing to talk about but we have a lot in common. There just needs to be at least some kind of balance in the relationship, and sometimes you might have to compromise more with what you each want to do and talk about, but it can be really fun. I would much rather be with him than someone my own age who is incredibly immature. Which is probably why I don't understand the women who date younger men like you're talking about. So I think you shouldn't worry as much about your age as what kind of person you are and what kind of person you want to be with.

• To me age is just a number as long as your not under 17 to me its OK. If their a good guy then it don't matter but a lot of people don't view things like I do. I grow up where my grandpa is 15 yes older then my grandma so its what's I'm use to. Don't let people judge follow your hear. But men are called perv when their with a young lady I don't think its far.

• I wouldn't because I'm more attracted to men a little bit younger than me.

• im gonna be brutally honest:

only if he was decent looking, kept himself up and had a lot of money and spent it on me. if not then I would just date guys my own age. I'm sure there are some girls that would, but personally if an older guy wanted to date me he would have to spend money on me and buy me stuff...if not then what would be the appeal of dating him?

• Check out my other question about money and dating..thats the point being made

• No, I just don't think we'd have a lot in common. And if he were willing to stoop to talking about things that appeal to my age group but are a little puerile for his, I would assume he just needs to grow up and find himself a more mature woman to commit to.

• True but why is it acceptable for women to get younger men....

If we are 40 and single maybe we would like a woman in mid to late 20s to have a family with!

• I have to say I may never get to start a family due to the fact I am 40 and younger women seems to be frowned upon and almost taboo!!

• Well, these cougars don't get as much out of the relationship as these younger men do. She's smarter, has more money, has more experience, and gives him NSA sex. In your case, you would have a lot to gain from dating a younger girl because she's probably in better physical shape and more fertile than women your age. Probably has a more positive attitude, to boot. Just widen the age range of people you're looking for. Instead of 25-29, make it 25-40.

What Guys Said 1

• we younger men to older women are something they yearn for, that feeling of being young again, our sex drive that lasts for hours. we are like their youth potion. at the age of 40 women don't want to feel old. no one wants to grow old and wrinkle but its the fact of life. the only way to stay youthful is to date younger in my opinion. I'll one day be where you are and I will be sure to date young hott girls. dating older men is a fad that whore out quickly. look at demi and ashton. perfect example. plus nowadays in this day and age women are becoming more powerful in men and don't need to rely on them for money like in the old days. so if she doesn't need a provider then what she'll go after is excitement!