Do you believe in online-love?

you get to know someone online, you share pictures and etc. and now he/she tells you: I LOVE YOU. do you believe it?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• You can contact people over the internet, you can become attracted to people over the internet, but you can't fall in love with them. There are so many levels of love that the internet cannot be displayed through the internet. You can fall for someone, but you can fall in love for someone over the internet.

• You are absolutely right!!

What Guys Said 6

• Yes, it can happen.

• I don't really believe in online-love. While online chats are fun and can get pretty personal, you can't really say you love the person until you actually hang out. online it is more lust or feelings not love

• I, too, don't believe in online love. I think it's more infatuation that stems from someone's own fantasies, and it's not real. I think you do need to spend time (physical) with the other person before you really can say you love him/her.

• most of the people online are probably not who they say they are and are not worth dating.

This goes for both guys and girls

• no meeting yes,the other part can only happen after you meet get to know each other and spend time.

• Depends on how long you've known the person and if you feel the same way. Sometimes people can fall in love quickly, but I usually doubt it unless it's love at first sight! Be careful of relationships where people say that too quickly, especially if you don't feel the same way!

What Girls Said 13

• In my opinion no, I just can't see how somebody you have never met could love you, yes they may like you from on line conversations and by looking at your pics but not love. Love comes from spending loads of time with someone and sharing experiences. I believe that love is a gradual thing that happens over time, not over the internet. But hey that is just my opinion.

• Love is too big of a word. It takes so much time to actually LOVE someone you see everyday, so on the internet that's really hard - not to say impossible.

It is tho very possible (and common) fortwo online buddies to feel attracted to each other and like each other very much because they have the same interests and because they communicate well. But that's not love. If you guys meet each other, it can be love someday, but it definitely isn't love right now.

I don't know exactly how you started chatting with that guy, but if you're sure that he's honest about everything he says about him (I mean, if you some kind of proof), then he's not saying probably being honest about his feelings - he's exxagerating, but maybe he's honest. If you do not know a lot about this guy, he's probably just having fun. Like saying "i love you" just to see how you react.

It's pretty easy to meet people online, so a lot of guys that are shy in the "real world" use this tool to meet an ammount of women they wouldn't at other places. So you gotta be very careful and make sure it's not just a game.

• I don't know. I'm pretty sure you can get part of the way there. I met my boyfriend online, we got very close and could have been said to be having a secret online relationship, but we were not officially going out. When we met up for a concert, with no intention of anything romantic or otherwise happening, we clicked. We fell in love very quickly. We're still together a year and 8 months later. So I think that you can get on the way to being in love online, but you do need to meet the person and spend time with them before you fall in love.

• NO. It could all be total lies, they could be acting and no whom or what they say they are. It's called REAL life for a reason, cause its REAL. Online is a great way to meet new people and widen your social network but only use it as a tool to meet people in person and take it from there IMO.

• I have experience in the online dating world (maybe that's not something to brag about lol) and honestly, no I wouldn't believe it. It takes a lot more than pictures, phone calls, and IMs to fall in love. I think it's more infatuation than love.

• You can't fall in love with someone over the internet because you don't know the real person all you know is what that person is letting you know.

• They could just love talking to you and love who you are as a person. It doesn't mean they're IN LOVE with you.

You never know now a days, it might just be true.

• depends on if I ever met them

• no. he or she doesn't even know the real person.

• yeah I think you can become attracted to a person online but you don't Fully fall in love

• if you meet and they tell you it in person, maybe. online, I guess it could happen but there's no way of telling if they mean it.

• i don't think you can love someone from talking and charing pictures online! but I think you can have a crush on someone

• They love the way you look, the way you talk, basically they love the allusion of "you." They can't love you until you have met and known each other for a while.