Are Christian guys worse at the dating?

OK I recently met this christian guy for a coffee date. We hung out talking and window shopping. Its was really laid back, until he mentioned his one pet peeve is anyone who smokes. Well that was understandable until the end of our conversation. All he talked about how much he loved sex and wanted it a lot but refused to date anyone he went to church with. Needless to say the date was cute short on good terms. But seriously what was he thinking? Tell me his deal breaker for dating girls is if she smokes but yet he won't date from his own church cause he wants sex!

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of people call themselves christian, yet do what they want to without regard to the teachings of the faith. People are weak and temptation is strong.

But yeah, I'm not here to judge, I don't find the fact that smoking is a deal breaker to be hypocritical, many non religious people will have smoking as a deal breaker, and I know many christians who smoke. I find the fact that he calls himself christian, yet compltly ignores the teachings to be hypocritical.

I understand if someone messes up or something, (I consider myself a devout christian and regrestfully am no longer a virgin), yet for them to go out of their way to find someone who will have lots of sex seems a bit rediculous and hypocritical to me.

• Sorry didn,t answer the question in the title.

No, I don't think christain guys are worse at dateing, that's too broad of a generalization. There are bad(I say bad for a lack of better term, but don't actually mean it like that) people in every group, especially in christianity. There are many hypocrites in the religion that try to have their cake and eat it too, and then condem anyone else who does the same.

What Guys Said 7

• Do your best to write off his weirdness as a troubled childhood, and not his religious beliefs. At least until you've dated 100 other christian guys. Only then should you start to see a pattern.

Besides, maybe he was crazy because of his age, or eye color, or skin color. ;)

~ Robby

P.S. Many religions will mess up a guy's sexual beliefs. I blame the parents and the church.

• these types of people tend to be extremely hypocritical, they always want the cake and eat it to, for example, I knew this guy who always preached abstinence and was so fierce about that he went to the length of saying that people who had premarital sex were going to hell, but then at the same time would watch p*rn I asked him if he could watch people having premarital sex then how come it was sin to partake in it, he responded because its fine to watch the sins of another,

• Well let him in on some thing...Po*n is produced for the purpose of partaking in a virtual reality of sorts. So therefore he is partaking it the act, specially if he gets pleasure from it (any form of pleasure). It is so true about the cake and eat it too.

• No we are not worse. We are no different than any other guy you date. Everyone has different beliefs. Even Christians disagree with fellow believers on certain subjects. As for the guy you are currently seeing, he just seems weird. Period.

• Oh I'm not seeing him, it was a first date and we had coffee that was good enough for me.

• Clearly we are dealing with a bit of a cretin. What more can be said?

• Anyone can be a Christian, we are not all the same, but very different, and if we follow the standards put before us by God, we should be great at relationships

• They just may be a bit too conservative and rigid.

• I would have to question whether he is religious,or a Christian. I do not know him and cannot judge him. That is something only Jesus knows. lol. I am a Christian guy. New to the faith, but I know many Christian men who one of the few requirement in a girl was she had to be a Christian. I think it is that guys, though I will be up front with you their are a lot of guys who call themselves Christians or go to church to get a Christian girlfriend or to have a girl trust them more so that they can get in their pants. Please do not think all Christian guys are like this!

• I won't think all are like him. That would be a waste of time. But it is discouraging...specially when everyone tells me GO to Church you'll find a great guy! I'm not going to church to find a guy, that's the wrong reason!

• I am totally with you. I have been told to go to church to find a girl friend, but I go to church for me not them. Also if someone tells you that they need to look up the ratio of male to female in churches in the U.S. It is 60 percent female 40 percent male. That is averaged for the whole nation, but it would still be a bad idea for a women to go to a church to find a man. lol. I wish you the best of luck!

What Girls Said 2

• I think you met the wrong guy... I think that the best quality that a guy could have is being a christian (in behaviour, not like that guy you just discribed).

• What happens when science proves all of religions claims, f***ing 100% wrong

How is holy f***ing jahova gonna smite me when I can show his followers how retarded they are

Id rather lock my 5 year old son in a room with the pope than go out with someone religious

• STOP stalking me, you answered/comment like 3 questions/answers within 10 minutes....back off!!!

And don't make me laugh...I would never notice that you exist...so its perfect to know that you don't go out with "someone religious" xD....your comment was hilarious, thanks for making me LAUGH! =D

• There is a difference between calling yourself a christian and actually living a christian life.