I don't get him... of course :/

he always texts me randomly. and I text back. but we don't ever carry on a conversation. what's this mean?

Most Helpful Girl

• Not everyone views texting as a means for actual conversation. I might text someone to just check in with them (hey, how are you doing?), but most of the time I have a specific reason to text someone (i.e. making plans). It's hard to have a meaningful or interesting conversation when you're limited by the number of characters you can use, and it's harder to type/keep the flow of conversation going. If I want to actually talk to someone, I'll chat with them online (i.e. MSN), call them on the phone, or ask to hang out in person. When someone texts me, I'll reply, but only if I'm not busy at the time--I don't just sit there staring at my phone waiting for the next incoming text, I'm usually going about my day as usual, so I just text when I get a chance.

What Guys Said 2

• when does he text you? Maybe he's just booty calling...

• No. randomly through out the day. he'll just say hi and so ill say what's up or something...

• I find it hard to keep things interesting when I text a girl. He could just be trying to avoid boring you.

What Girls Said 2

• Definately means he's thinking about you.. As for the other part... That's hard to tell why.

• I don't know either!!! it sucks... and I'm frustrated haa!

• He's probably just killing time