Why won't he call/text me when he says he will?

This guy says he likes me. He really shows his interest when we're together (hand-holding, compliments, physical things) but he rarely texts me first, even when he says he will. I don't want to annoy him and scare him away. What should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Steve Harvey said it best, "when a man wants you, nothing will stop him from going after you." Sounds to me like this guy likes you some, but not enough to put forth much effort. You said he shows interest when you are together, physical things. That's the key right there. A guy who puts forth effort in the physical department doesn't necessarily have an emotional connection with you. It just means he finds you physically attractive. If I were you, I'd stop initiating. That'll give you all the answers you need. If he rarely texts first, even when he says he will, he's not feeling the connection as much as you are yet. Don't text him first and see if he comes your way.

What Guys Said 2

• I wouldn't worry. You're young and guys at that age are dingbats. I would say though if he is truly interested he would write/call. As a guy it sounds like he might be playing with you. I'd play back. ;)

• Maybe he doesn't like texting if you feel its really improtant to you let him know otherwise just enjoy what you have or find someone else if its a deal breaker.

What Girls Said 1

• I am going through the exact same thing right now! We've been dating about a month (we're both older, I'm 32, he's 35) and when we're together it's amazing but when we're apart, texting was all he did - I got maybe 2 phone calls from him so I started hinting on our last date how I loved the sound of his voice and would like to hear more of it and he seemed to take that well, and since then? haven't heard from him even after he told me I'll call you with a huge smile and a kiss - he invited me up for a weekend trip with his friends and their girlfriends this weekend but I still haven't heard from him (it's been almost a week). So I wish I had answers for you but I'm in the same boat of the unknown - it's gotten to the point where I'm becoming emotionally drained from it, I just don't know what went wrong!