Why do I feel like I should only text?

For some reason I stay away from phone calls. I'm good with IM and texting but for some reason I never do phone calls. It's not that I don't care enough to call it's just texting is easier and I can be doing something else while texting.

Is calling that big of a deal to girls (even friends)?

Most Helpful Girl

• to some girls, phone calls ARE a big deal, because even though we know you care, we want you to show it. putting your life on hold just to hear our voice makes us feel more special than getting a text, because convenience might only appeal to one side. also, on the phone, awkward silences occur 9/10 phone calls, and you don't have much time to think about what you wanna say. as for texting and i/m, you can think about what you wanna say, and delete a message before you actually send it, so you won't end up saying the wrong thing. even though saying what comes to mind can cause a little commotion sometimes, it's more earnest, and some girls prefer that you speak your mind, rather than "think" your mind, if that makes any sense.. and awkward silences go away when someone starts a healthy, interesting conversation :)

What Girls Said 5

• For me calling is a much better way to communicate because it's direct and actually tends to save time - what you might say in three texts can be said in like ten seconds over the phone and it's clearer as to how you're saying it. A lot of my friends agonise over texts to try and figure out the tone of them (ie if the guy they got it from is interested, sleazy, annoyed etc). Calling doesn't tend to cause the same problems.

But really it depends on the people/situation. There are guys I text later at night when I wouldn't call them, and if I'm working and get a text from someone it can make my day. The only time I will dismiss someone (friend, guy, whoever) is if they say something like "I just don't have enough minutes to call". That's just not that impressive.

Honestly, if a girl is into you or a good friend, you'll know whether it's a big deal or not :)

• phone calls are more meaningful and it shows you want to hear the other persons vioce and that you miss them, texting is just a quick way of communicationg with someone without having to actually speak to them. phone calls are better for a girlfriend but just 4 normal friends then txting is ok.

• I'm the same exact way. I always feel like if I call too much it looks needy. I love getting text from my boyfriend during the day - it can be very fun and flirty and when you're both busy its a nice way to say I was thinking about you. What I do now is if the text start getting long I just pick up the phone and call. It would bother me if he never and called and sometimes it does seem that way. So just have a mix between the two and don't text about important things. As long as you call too the text are fine.

• Not me.

Unless it's something really long and hard to explain, otherwise give a text..

It's quick and harmless and everything else in the world doesn't have to go on hold.

• I'm a girl and I'm exactly like you...for some reason I prefer texting over talking on the phone...i just don't like talking on the phonee as muchh...so there is absolutely nothing wrong with that

What Guys Said 1

• In communication only 10% of what you actually say is through the words them selves, 24% through the tone in which you use them. so psycologicaly phone call's are more meaning full. And the most meaning full are face to face conversations, cause body laungauge ( makeing up 66% of communication ) is included in the equasion. Look it up, its quite interesting. But that is the easiest way to explain it. Clearer understanding of intentions behind words, and more emotional ties to the conversation. So there you go.