Why do guys tell girls they love them on the first date?

I mean my guy friend tells each one of his girlfriends that he loves her on their first date, and then 2 weeks later they break up & he doesn't care anymore. so what's gonna happen when he actually falls in love? she's just not gonna believe him.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hello,

what youve just witnessed is EXACTLY why I DONT tell women I love them.. the word love has been reduced to a "see I care about you so lets f**k" card that guys can use to get a free ride.. and EVERY women I know has heard this at one point or another.. its really childish and frankly anoying..

Good Luck

- Chris

What Guys Said 4

• He's not very mature, that's why. He either doesn't know the difference between lust and love, or he's using "I Love You" as a tool to get laid, or both. It's very likely, when he actually does fall in love with a girl, that he will absolutely get his heart stomped on by her. Guys like him always seem to seek out the girls that eventually break their hearts.

• Because they're plonkers.

The words 'I love you' only cross my lips when I mean it. Never said it to a girlfriend, as it has never been right.

• Well either he feels like he has to say something or he's a silly sausege!

• He might have to propose I supose. Some guys fake relationships, love etc...just like girls fake orasms...

What Girls Said 3

• to be honest, when guys I barely know (first few dates) tell me they love me it's a huge red card. They creep me out and then I don't want to go any further with them because I know they're either really immature or they just want to get laid. Saying "I love you" is not an open access to vagina. It actually has a way of impeding his progress. you should let him know that any girl who is OK with ILY on the first date is probably not worth his time anyway

• Because everyone does it. There's a difference between begin in love, and loving someone. I think most guys (and girls, for that matter) is still a bit unsure of defining what we're feeling - my teacher always said, words are just a man-made thing to try to describe what's going on inside of us, and most of the time, words aren't enough.

There are also different kinds of love.

I love reading.

I love that movie.

I love my dog.

I love my friends.

I love my family.

And when I get married, I'm going to love my husband.

Maybe he just needs to make sure which kind of love he's feeling (often when we like someone a lot, the only word we know to describe it is "love") and make sure the girl knows which kind he's referring to. Don't try to tell him he's wrong, though. That'll only upset him. Try to talk about what you both think love is, maybe that'll open his mind a little.

• So he can get in her pants.