I don't wanna text him and not have him text back - it makes me feel like he doesn't like me.

So this guy and I have been talking since June. He even told his friend when we all hung out that he liked me, and his friend asked me if I liked him and I said yeah. Okay so, we were texting and then one night he didn't text me back, so I texted him again, and he didn't text me back...again. Although, we keep talking through comments on facebook and liking each others' statuses, and some of them were sexual.

Three days ago, he comes up to my work to see his friend whose my manager there. And the thing is, she kept trying to embarrass me in front of him, saying "You look like you're sweating," and she was pretty much yelling at me to get off work. Then she told my friend that she read our facebook conversation and she messaged him telling him to not mess with her cashier. My friend asked him if he was gonna listen and he said probably not. So after I got off work we sat down in the lobby talking and then my manager, his friend, came over and just started talking to us, while we were in the middle of a conversation. The funny thing is, after I left he left too. My friend asked her if he talked about me and she said no, and that from what she saw he doesn't like me. She didn't see anything, where we sat, you can't see us. So is she jealous?

Yesterday we both went to a concert. I saw him and he said hey, but he was in the other line and I said hey back. About 3 hours later he called me and told me to come find him, so I did. His friends were there and we all started talking and he pinched my butt, kept messing with me and everything. Then about an hour after it was over he texted me saying how sore he was, I replied. I didn't get a text back 'til later that night after I updated my status saying I was going to bed telling me good night, and I told him good night as well.

Should I text him today and say "Hey what's up?" or something like "Are you still sore from yesterday?" I don't wanna text him and not have him text back - it makes me feel like he doesn't like me. While we were around each other he was talking to his friends about how hot that girl is, and stuff. Is that normal for a guy to say to his friend about how hot a girl is, while the girl he likes it pretty much right there?

Most Helpful Guy

• To be honest, it sounds like he's just messing with you. However, to be sure about this, I'd do the following:
    1)Don't text him until he texts you. If he likes you, eventually he'll text you.
    2)Talk to your friends about it. If they know him, talk through them. It's amazing what you can find out when someone else asks the same question you did.
    3) When you freaked out when he didn't text you back, it shows that you're into him. Try not to do that, because it makes you seem desperate.

Hope this helps.

What Guys Said 3

• Men are nowhere as wedded to social protocol as women and men become p*ssified when they are cornered and "judged" according to this. If he read this, his reaction might be: Huh?
    Let your relationship grow naturally. If it is satisfying to you, stay with it. If not, move on. You are attracted to him for what he is, not what you want him to be.

• The fact that he was flirting with you physically means he is interested in you. Guys always talk about how hot a girl is. It doesn't matter who is around. It's just what guys do. You should text him and see what happens. If he doesn't text you back, talk to him on facebook. If he hasn't asked you out within the next week or so, then I would say he's just a friend.

• 1st yea go a head and text him but if he doesn't text back don't get all worried he might b busy and can't text and the truth sum guys don't like it when girls keep texting and texting.. Hell yea that girl is really jealous... Don't get Ur self over worked just relax and if he doesn't like you then don't worry I bet Ur a pretty girl and there's a lot of other guys who would b lucky to have u... It does sound like he likes you but just ask him if he likes you there's nun wrong with asking good luck

What Girls Said 3

• DON'T TEXT! Guys WANT to chase you a bit but to be the one contacting him makes your feelings obvious...and he did just comment on how hot some chick was, right? Next move is his - you've GOT to wait for him to have some time to think a bit.

Now about that, he said it just to see your reaction AND to go along with the guys. I hope you gave him some tiny hint you're interested in your surprised expression when he said this!

Oh, and girlie at work sounds like she's eyeing him for herself and KNOWS he likes you more so play it VERY cool and when he picks you, she'll get the hint. But probably will make life miserable for you...sorry.

• 1. The girl at work is probably jealous, otherwise I see no reason for her to be quite so upset. It seems to me like a huge over-reaction on her part.
    2. Yes, you should text him. Given the way you say he's been acting, he probably likes you, despite any other comments about how so-and-so is hot. He's probably trying to make you a little jealous. Just know that if he didn't find you attractive, he probably wouldn't be goosing and giving pinches.

Good luck.

• You can text him, I mean there's nothing wrong with, "What's up?" or "Are you still sore?" lol They're friendly questions. I think he does like you but I could be wrong. If he doesn't text you back he could actually just be busy. If you feel like he doesn't like you or something just remind yourself that you are still kinda "just friends" and even if he doesn't like you like that you'll probably talk to some other guy soon. Honestly I wouldn't even worry about if your friend likes him or not, if she does I don't think he likes her so you don;t have a problem and if she doesn't, awesome she doesn't lol.