Would you date someone who is emotional?

I'm not talking about someone who's depressed or anything I'm just talking about someone who may wear there heart on there sleeve.

Me personally I'm very emotional and I don't think guys like this.

I'm the type of girl that will cry in an argument and not be able to sleep and I'm very affectionate and want cuddles and sometimes I get upset over silly things eg sad films etc

I mean when I'm dating someone I care for them a lot and I think this is a good thing surely but then would you date someone like this and if not why not is it just to hard to deal with?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure definitly, but I'm odd in this respect because to the majority of guys, its a turn off but to me appreciate the affection it is really appealing and I think that has a little to do with my upbringing on why I feel like this. I grew up in a family whereby there was a lack of emotional needs being met not really anyone to confide with and get affection when I needed it most so for the most part when I get it now I love it.

My personal opinion is that id really like it and id definitely feel good knowing that I had a girl that always wanted cuddles and cared for me. I think a lot of people take for granted how valuable it is to have a parent that fulfills their emotional needs even minor and for the most part I think those guys are more likely (not always) to find it annoying when a girl is overly affectionate. So yes id more than be willing to date someone like that :P, it just depends on the sort of guy you'd want, would you want someone who would reciprocate those same emotions or someone who would date you regardless despite finding it annoying.

• Probally someone who could reciprocate the same feelings, or just not find it a problem. I've tried changing and I can't lol Thanks for your answer :) xxx

• Yeah, I think the most likely chance of finding a guy like that is probably someone who didn't particularly have a close family realtionship growing up but not due to it being there and being rejected, but someone who wasn't able to receive the emotions others received as a child. don't change!! your caring and emotional and that's who you are, no point in changing into something your not and getting a guy that won't suit your needs. I think its super hot to be like how you are

• Well thanks very much :) I feel a bit happier about this now :) xx

What Guys Said 9

• Being emotional isn't bad when it comes to women in my life. What's bad is being emotional AND not being able to deal with it or just crying over split milk.

Personality means a lot to me, if you are super girly as well as have this, then I will put up with it, because no one is perfect. Unless its just too much and all the time.

Moderation.

Although if she's really really hot, id probably stay with her just for sex, and hope its just a phase or something, and I might stay longer.

Because people do change.

And if you look anything like the model you are using as your picture, you should have no problem getting men.

• I mean its not over nothing just silly things upset me like dying dogs in programmes lol and if we have an argument I would cry but that's because I get upset I just think there's a lot worse I could do than cry :/ . and neh its actually me in the picture lol and from experience I do have trouble getting NICE men .thanks for giving an honest answer :) x

• Yeah well obviously as you can guess from my question I did cry and marley and me. Ha stuff like that just really gets to me. I think maybe I should have my tear ducts removed so guys won't think I'm a sissy :/

• I admit I did too, like a f***ing girl. damnit.

• I think I expct a girl to be emotional. What you say is what I expect sort of to be the norm. I like girly girls who are sensitive. It kicks in my instinct of taking care of them. When a girl cries , it makes my heart pump and I want to comfort her.

But I am a silly damn romantic guy . Every now and then if something is too much it can become annoying.. but I guess amotional sides has an upside too... may be you are sensitive and are not too cynical .. that you will appreciate the things that I do for you etc...

Dont change ... Nicole.

• From my opinion it would be charming for me if I could have a girl loves & cares about me emotionally of course without exaggeration.

from my part I will reciprocate same feeling for this girl as well as I will respect her & treat her as princess with all the love and tenderness. Well I will try hard to make her happiest woman in the world.

"I believe in the proverb that says: as you given as you taken". resulted to this I will give her a lot to get from her a lot that make sure we will stay together till the end of this life.

• i don't know I guess it depend how emotional they were and what made them that emotional

• Emotional as in would cry if you were mean to me, say if we were in an argument and if something sad is on. guys seem to hate it :/ I just wanna know if its reallly hard to deal with for guys x

• Yeah guys don't like crying but if they still liked the girl I'd be surprised if it was a deal breaker

• I agree with Meedo I expect a girl to be emotional no matter the intensity or how it's expressed. Can't fight against genetics you are who you are. I wouldn't dating someone who is as emotional as you are only cause girls I've dated before we lacking in that department.

• Emotional girls can be a little annoying at times, but it can also be somewhat telling of their personality (ie. they care). Cuddling and affection are AWESOME!

• I can be somewhat emotional at times. Do you think I would fit with an unemotional girl?

• that would defenitely be a deal braker for me. I litterally can't handle people I care about crying, at least not properly. although in all fairness I am very weird. I think most guys wouldn't like it but won't be to bothered

• Um, you're wicked hot and basically I would put up with anything you threw at me. Emotional isn't bad.

• Just seems to be a reoccurring thing guys seem to hate about me :/ But thankyou x

What Girls Said 2

• Im emotional too, sometimes I think I'm not but I am, just like Audrey hepburn said..."I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.” I feel the exact same way! ha ha and I love to share my thoughts with guys but it seems like they always get scared or something...so I just hold back a bit. and every time I get into an argument, most of the time I will just burst into tears for no reason, I don't know why...haha I can't help it...i look like a sad helpless kitten...but I don't yell, I'm passive.

• im like you I'm very emotional...but the thing is once you show your true feeling for them..they act tough about it and don't care...like I would spend days crying over him

• Yeah maybe when you show emotion it scares them off or something? I have no idea :/ x