Would you date somebody in a wheelchair?

Say you met somebody with a great personality and they still looked good, but was paralyzed from the waist down or for whatever reason their legs didn't work, and needed a wheel chair, would you date this person? Like if this was a really handsome guy or a very pretty girl, nice body for the most part. Would you?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm in a wheelchair due to a accident and find it difficult to find girls who will date me. I have many girl friends and all say I'm good looking and nice, but that's where it stops.. I find the biggest reason is because girls are unsure how to handle it or scared of the unknown. But in reality I am quite independent and do lots for myself.

Women should really take the chance to date a guy in a wheelchair. Someone in a wheelchair is no different than a able body person, we just don't fall over so easily after a few drinks :-)

What Guys Said 3

• I wouldn't actively pursue them like I would another girl, but if something clicked then yeah I'd give it a shot.

• I was just thnking about this the other day... not because I met someone or anything... it is just a thought that came to my mind... and yes I would date a girl who was paralyzed waist down as long as I am attracted to her. I don't think she is bieng paralyzed waist down make her unattractive.

I am not sure how the relation develop ofcourse but it is taken from there . What attracts to me a girl is her smile and cute face. Her personality ofcourse.

• Most likely not, to be honest.

What Girls Said 3

• i would give it a try for sure... I mean imagine you go on a speed date or something, where you switch tables all the time, and you meet the perfect person. nice, funny, similar interests, really attractive and you just have that "spark" you can't explain, and you don't stop talking until the end of the speed dating, you don't REALISE till the end of the speed date that they can't walk. what would you do? I mean I personally wouldn't then go- yeah, forget him.

if I knew from the start, I have to admit things might go a little different, but only because being in a relationship with someone who has a disability also gives you a responsibility, and there are of course inconveniences which you'd have to get used to. but when you like someone, ultimately it doesn't matter.

and apart from anything, jeez I feel so incredibly sorry for anyone who has a disability, I feel bad even saying there are "of course inconveniences" for me. I mean the other partner should just be so thankful for not having a disability, and being with someone they love.

• Um, well their looks would be a nice add but I'd be more interested in their personality. If they had an amazing personality I would date them.

• i wish I could say I could but I really don't think I could, now this depends if the guy could walk with a cane or with support but chose wheel chair because he got tired quick or something I think I could but if he was 24/7 I just don't think I could I know it sounds horrible but I don't know I feel like I would always feel like I was taking things for granted I would never ever want to make the slightest complaint around him I think I wouldn't pity him but I would probably be over sympathetic with him and always feel like he was sad about this . I say this because I know if I had something like this happen to me , God forbid I would just feel lost and sad missing what was and the days of me being able to walk and I would feel like he felt like this all the time