Why do people make such a big deal of never being kissed and their still young?

It just bugs me. I hate hearing 16 year olds on this site saying how they are worried because they've never dated or been kissed. Why is this? I honestly think it's not a big deal. Now if your in college like me it is somewhat of a big deal, but I just don't think of it.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a number of factors, peer pressure and influences from popular culture being the main two. It's just the way our western society has become, between the ages of 16 and 18 it's usually accepted (and in some cases, expected) that people will have had experiences with the opposite or same sex. Some people are even younger when they first kiss someone.

It could also be that their friends have all been kissed except for them and they presume they're doing something wrong, or something is wrong with them. I know myself that where I went to school, the only things my friends ever talked about were kissing girls/guys. So peer pressure plays a big factor.

What Girls Said 2

• Ahhhh I'm right there with you. Some of my friends on facebook are younger and they're always complaining how they're "13 and never been kissed" it's so pathetic. I actually think the longer you can go without hooking up with tons of guys, the better. I really think everyone needs to chill if they don't have a boyfriend, get kissed, have sex. They're probably going to have less regrets.

• It's that mental time clock they got going on in their minds.

What Guys Said 2

• You have to have an understanding for people who think its a big deal.

It doesn't bother me at all. I do agree that people shouldn't be sweating sh*t like that at such an early age, but its never going to change, and its a BIG PART of being a teenager. Well, for some teens anyway.

Teens will crash and burn, but that's how they learn.

They will realize sooner or later that "relationships.k shouldn't be taken THAT seriously...

..again...for most teens anyway...

• theres more pressure on us guys than there is on girls